Mr. Vidal-Cerra represents clients in environmental and land use matters before state and federal agencies such as the Puerto Rico Permits Management Office, the Puerto Rico Planning Board, the Puerto Rico Environmental Quality Board, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Chemical Safety Board, and the Army Corps of Engineers.
He advises clients on matters such as environmental impact statements, zoning regulations, permits procurement, project siting approval, Clean Water Act Section 404 permits, and public service franchises. He is also involved in the litigation of environmental matters before federal and state courts.
Prior to joining McConnell Valdés in 2012 he was part of a team at a law firm that successfully represented one of the former owners of a parcel of land adjacent to the maritime terrestrial zone subject of a multiphase residential and hotel complex in the landmark case of San Geronimo Caribe Project, Inc. v. Estado Libre Asociado de Puerto Rico, 2008 T.S.P.R. 130.
Mr. Vidal's Haverford College Senior thesis, Republic and Empire: Visions of the Nation during the Spanish Civil War, received an honorable mention from the History Department of said College.
News & Publications
- Pro Bono Program Recognizes Work of its AttorneysAugust 20, 2015
- Expedited Process of Act 76-2000 for the Evaluation and Permitting of Infrastructure Projects ApprovedAn McV Environmental & Land Use AlertJuly 14, 2017
- An McV Environmental & Land Use AlertApril 18, 2017
- An McV Environmental & Land Use AlertMarch 8, 2017
- An McV Energy AlertFebruary 24, 2017
- An McV Environmental & Land Use AlertFebruary 15, 2017
- An McV Energy AlertSeptember 27, 2016
- Act 133-2016 Brings Important Changes to the Net Metering Program, and Paves the Way for Community Solar and MicrogridsAn McV Energy AlertAugust 25, 2016
- Adoption of Regulation No. 8750 for the Certification of Operators of Water and Wastewater Systems and/or Treatment PlantsAn McV Environmental AlertJuly 14, 2016
- An McV Energy AlertJuly 14, 2016
- DNER Reschedules Public Hearings and Extends Comment Period for the Proposed Amendments to the Maritime Terrestrial Zone RegulationEnvironmental, September 15, 2015
- Environmental, January 19, 2015
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico
B.A., Haverford College, 2002
J.D., Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law, 2006