Ms. Aguilar-Guerrero represents banks and other financial institutions on loan transactions for complex real estate financing. She also assists in the preparation and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, title and due diligence review, and negotiation of financing documents.
Her practice, enhanced by her experience both in construction financing and urban and economic planning, also includes commercial financing transactions, federal financing, and promotion and financial packaging of investment proposals. Ms. Aguilar-Guerrero also handles major debt restructurings, collections, workouts and foreclosures.
Ms. Aguilar-Guerrero has represented major manufacturers in Puerto Rico, including Eli Lilly Industries, Inc., E.R. Squibb, Borshow Hospital & Medical Supplies, Inc., Searle & Co., Colgate PR-Dental & Oral Care, Johnson & Johnson, Bristol-Myers, AbbVie, Inc., McNeil Consumer Products (PR), and Medtronic Puerto Rico Operations in several corporate and real estate transactions such as acquisitions of land from the Puerto Rico Industrial Development Company (PRIDCO), constitution of easements, segregations, leases, and other real estate transactions and contracts.
In 2008 she was nominated and confirmed by the Senate of Puerto Rico as Registrar of the Property. For her role in the planning and implementation of economic development and housing improvement programs, through public/private financing, the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Agency honored her with the National Recognition Award for Public-Private Partnership.
Before joining McConnell Valdés, Ms. Aguilar-Guerrero was the Director of the Planning and Economic Development Office of the Municipality of Bayamón and a member of the Construction Loan Department of the Royal Bank of Canada, where she acquired vast experience in federal financing processes with agencies such as the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, permitting process, single-family, multi-family and lot development projects. As a result, Ms. Aguilar-Guerrero, who holds a master in business administration, is able to provide pragmatic advice to her clients.
As a member of the Puerto Rico Bar Association she has served in the sesquicentennial commission and the community affairs commission. She has also served in the Correction Panel of Puerto Rico's Supreme Court Board of Bar Examiners.
- Development of Hyatt's Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club Regime, the first timeshare project protected by the Registry of Property following the provisions of the Mortgage and Property Registry and the Puerto Rico Timeshare and Vacation Club Acts
- Representing Hudson Housing Capital LLC, and its joint venture investment partner, Morgan Stanley, in the $400,000,000 acquisition and modernization of 33 housing developments intended for rental to persons of low and moderate income across Puerto Rico, using tax-exempt bond financing, Federal Housing and Urban Development HOME program and tax credits
- Representing Banco Popular de Puerto Rico in commercial and construction loan restructurings and workouts involving multiple types of collateral, including a $200,000,000 participated mortgage settlement transaction
- Acquisition of Coco Beach Resort
Ms. Aguilar-Guerrero has also been involved in many real estate and contractual transactions related to clients in manufacturing, including:
- Restructuring and liquidation of Union Carbide Puerto Rico into Union Carbide Caribe
- Purchase and sale and approval of related operating permits of Dupont Merck Pharma plant
- Participation in obtaining Tax Exemption grant and incentives for Boots-Pharmaceuticals
- Representing Ucar Resinas Caribe, Inc (Chemicals) in several corporate transactions
- Representing Primus Mfg. Inc. in the acquisition of real estate from the Puerto Rico Industrial Development Company (PRIDCO)
- Participation in real estate transaction in relation to permits and constitution of the sanitary pipeline needed for the operation of Owens Illinois Specialty Production’s plant
News & Publications
- An McV Corporate AlertAugust 7, 2019
- An McV Intellectual Property AlertJanuary 29, 2018
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
MBA, I.E.S.A., Caracas, Venezuela
JD, Central American Catholic University, Managua, Nicaragua
MA, Center of Tributary Law (C.I.E.T.) Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Major: Tributary Law
Certified Legal Specialty
- Civil Law Notary
Puerto Rico Bar Association
Puerto Rico Notary Association
Puerto Rico Society of Planners