Her main areas of practice are corporate and individual income taxes and employee benefits.
Prior to joining McConnell Valdés, Ms. González-Ibarría was a Legal Counsel with the Internal Revenue Area of the Puerto Rico Treasury Department. While with the Puerto Rico Treasury Department, she reviewed closing agreements and private letter rulings concerning a broad range of issues including general income taxation, withholding, corporate reorganizations and employee benefits matters. She was also in charge of competent authority cases.
As a technical advisor, she authored and reviewed income tax legislation, regulations, administrative determinations and circular letters related to income, excise and sales and use taxes. She worked together with the United States Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service in the preparation and implementation of several federal government incentives to individuals and employers such as the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and the Hire Incentives to Restore Employment Act, among others.
During her last year at the Puerto Rico Treasury Department, she participated in the implementation of the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code of 2011, working directly in the design, creation and revision of all forms and instructions, including individuals, corporations, flow-through entities, exempt businesses, estates and trusts.
Ms. González-Ibarría, who is also a Cetified Public Accountant, has been a speaker in seminars sponsored by the Puerto Rico Society of Certified Public Accountants and spoken in training sessions for the Puerto Rico Treasury Department. She also worked as a Tax Consulting Manager in the Tax Department of Ernst & Young in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
News & Publications
- An McV Tax AlertAugust 16, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertJuly 31, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertJuly 5, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertJune 29, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertMay 18, 2017
- An McV Employee Benefits AlertMay 10, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertApril 19, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertMarch 21, 2017
- An McV Employee Benefits AlertFebruary 10, 2017
- Proposed Amendments to the Retirement Plan Provisions of the PR Internal Revenue Code of 2011 and Other Related MattersAn McV Employee Benefits AlertJanuary 19, 2017
- Proposed Amendments to the Cafeteria Plan Provisions of the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code of 2011An McV Employee Benefits AlertJanuary 16, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertJanuary 9, 2017
- An McV Employee Benefits AlertJanuary 9, 2017
- An McV Employee Benefits AlertDecember 19, 2016
- An McV Tax AlertOctober 26, 2016
- An McV Tax AlertOctober 5, 2016
- An McV Tax AlertOctober 4, 2016
- May 6, 2016
- Puerto Rico Treasury Exempts Employee Benefit Trusts from the Requirement of Annual Filing of Form 480.7(OE) and Repeals Circular Letter 12-02An McV Employee Benefits AlertMarch 17, 2016
- Puerto Rico Treasury Issues Revised Form 480.7(OE) and Changes Annual Filing Requirements of Employee Benefit TrustsAn McV Employee Benefits AlertMarch 14, 2016
- March 8, 2016
- March 1, 2016
- Reminder to Sponsors of PR Qualified Retirement Plans who adopted Plan Restatements and Qualification Amendments during 2015February 9, 2016
- January 7, 2016
- January 4, 2016
- Tax & Retail, January 12, 2015
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Suma Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico, 1991
J.D., Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico Law School, 1995
Puerto Rico Society of Certified Public Accountants