His main area of practice is in corporate law, intellectual property, data privacy, real estate and administrative law. Mr. Cáceres assists clients with local and federal data privacy and cybersecurity matters concerning consumer private information as well as with local and federal trademark and copyright registration requirements.
Since joining the Firm, he has worked on a number of corporate matters including the incorporation, management, dissolution, and merger of corporate entities in the hospitality, foodservice and healthcare technology industries. In addition, he has worked on regulatory, real estate, transactional and contractual issues related to business operations in Puerto Rico for data management, consulting and other professional services providers. Most recently, Mr. Cáceres worked on licensing and permitting matters for various industries including food and beverage distribution, tourism related transportation services, and out-of-state real estate offerings.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Cáceres worked as a Student Associate in Washington, DC where he assisted with compliance matters related to the United States Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) economic sanctions regime and the United States Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry & Security (BIS) trade regulations. He also assisted with OFAC special licensing matters.
While in law school, he participated as a student attorney in the Janet R. Spragens Federal Tax Clinic at American University’s Washington College of Law. During his time at the Tax Clinic he assisted low income taxpayers with federal tax issues.
News & Publications
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMay 2, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertApril 15, 2020
- EO-2020-033 Authorizes Corporations to Notify Rescheduling of Corporate Shareholder Meetings by Various MeansAn McV Corporate AlertApril 14, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertApril 13, 2020
- Puerto Rico Department of Health Extends Validity of Licenses, Permits and Certificates Expiring During COVID-19 EmergencyAn McV Health Care AlertApril 13, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertApril 8, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMarch 31, 2020
- Puerto Rico Department of Health Relaxes Certificate of Need and Convenience Requirements for Hospitals Seeking to Add Patient Beds During the COVID-19 CrisisAn McV Health Care AlertMarch 30, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertNovember 6, 2019
- An McV Corporate AlertAugust 7, 2019
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court declares Succession Law Unconstitutional; Pedro Pierluisi Resigns and Secretary of Justice Wanda Vázquez-Garced Sworn-In as GovernorAn McV Government Affairs AlertAugust 7, 2019
- An McV Government Affairs AlertAugust 5, 2019
- Pedro Pierluisi Sworn-In as New Governor of Puerto Rico; Senate to Hold Confirmation Vote Monday AfternoonAn McV Government Affairs AlertAugust 2, 2019
- An McV Government Affairs AlertJuly 26, 2019
- May 30, 2019
- An McV Government Affairs AlertJanuary 15, 2018
- An McV Corporate AlertNovember 29, 2017
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
B.A., Tufts University, 2013
- Major: International Relations
J.D., American University’s Washington College of Law, 2016
Certified Legal Specialty
- Civil Law Notary