Ms. Antongiorgi is an experienced litigator who has been the lead attorney in over 30 trials before state and federal courts, including complex multi-plaintiff employment actions with over 400 plaintiffs; issues of first impression and group actions.
She has litigated extensively and successfully in all areas of employment discrimination, Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act, A.D.E.A., sexual harassment, gender discrimination, sexual preference discrimination, unjust dismissal, wage and hour, covenants not to compete, retaliation and contracts. Her practice also includes counseling, prevention and mediation, as well as corporate immigration.
In 2010, she was named “Attorney of the Year” by Strathsmore Who’s Who in recognition for her extensive and successful litigation career.
She has appeared as speaker on labor topics and complex case management before numerous business organizations and clients of the firm. She has also been a guest speaker in various legal courses offered by Federal and Immigration Judges.
Ms. Antongiorgi is in her second term as member of the U.S. District Court Examination Committee and has also served as member in the Committee for the Re-Appointment of Magistrate Judge Vélez-Rivé.
Some of her representative cases include:
- Soneshka Semidey et al v. Plaza Carolina, et al; 2012 TSPR ___ (sexual harassment and damages);
- Tejero Cabrera v. Hamilton Sundstrand, 10-1456 (D. Puerto Rico, April 11, 2012) (Age Discrimination);
- Vega v. Wyeth Pharmaceutical, 625 F.3d 22 (D. Puerto Rico, October 28, 2011) (USERRA);
- Vega Colón v. Wyeth Pharmaceultical, 611 F. Supp.2d 110 (D. Puerto Rico, May 1, 2009) (Retaliation/USERRA);
- E. Rodríguez v. Wyeth Pharmaceutical 2010 WL 3450079(sex discrimination);
- B. Ruíz v. Wyeth Pharmaceutical, 2009 WL 5842431(disability discrimination)
- P. Cruz et al v. Ethicon 2008 WL 5171079(leading case in Puerto Rico regarding wage and hour/gowning);
- Hung Tran Thi v. Wyeth Pharmaceutical, 2006 WL 1308700 (Workers Compensation)
News & Publications
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertOctober 6, 2017
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertAugust 22, 2017
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertApril 10, 2017
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertMarch 13, 2017
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJanuary 10, 2017
- An McV Immigration Practice AlertNovember 15, 2016
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertOctober 21, 2016
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertSeptember 6, 2016
- The Puerto Rico Oversight, Management, and Economic Stability Act (“PROMESA”) excludes Puerto Rico from the Department of Labor’s Final Rule regarding “white collar” exempt employeesAn McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJuly 1, 2016
- Failure to comply with Title VII, ADA and GINA’s notice posting requirements may result in fines of up to $525 for each separate offense starting on July 5, 2016An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJune 21, 2016
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJune 21, 2016
- An McV Labor & Employment AlertMay 18, 2016
- March 8, 2016
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court reinforces employer’s duty to provide a private, safe and hygienic location to its working mothers who are breastfeeding.February 9, 2016
- January 7, 2016
Member, Strategic Planning Committee
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
B.A., Seton Hill University
J.D., Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law
Masters of Law Degree, Georgetown University Law Center
Federal Bar Association