Her main areas of practice include general corporate law and transactional matters, banking and financial institutions law, mergers and acquisitions as well as trust and estates.
Ms. Salas-Diaz has advised clients (including various publicly-traded pharmaceutical companies, consumer health companies, and consumer product companies in the snacks, foods and beverages industries) in the purchase and sale of businesses and commercial real estate, as well as mergers, corporate reorganizations and corporate liquidations and dissolutions.
She regularly works in banking and financial regulatory matters, for various local banks and other financial institutions (including international banking entities doing business in Puerto Rico). She has advised financial institutions on a wide range of regulatory applications to federal and Puerto Rico banking agencies. She has also advised clients on compliance with anti-money laundering laws and regulations.
She has also worked in a wide range of corporate transactions, including commercial real estate acquisitions, securities offerings, loan participations, asset securitizations and mortgage loan sales, pooling and servicing transactions (for various publicly-traded financial institutions). Ms. Salas-Diaz also counsels clients on estate and trust planning matters.
Before joining McConnell Valdés she worked as Senior Auditor at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (Miami Office). Prior to this she served as Controller, Investment Manager and Law Clerk at Salas-Soler Law Firm.
News & Publications
- PR Governor Presents Bill to Allow IFEs and IBEs to Offer Commercial Loans; Amendments to Acts 273-2012 and 52-1982 Also IntroducedAn McV Financial Institutions AlertJanuary 30, 2019
- An McV Corporate AlertDecember 28, 2017
- An McV Corporate AlertDecember 27, 2017
- An McV International & Cross Border Transactions AlertDecember 11, 2017
- An McV Corporate AlertNovember 30, 2017
- An McV Corporate AlertNovember 29, 2017
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
B.B.A., Cum Laude, Boston College, 1998
- Major: Accounting
J.D., University of Puerto Rico Law School, 2004
Certified Legal Specialty
- Certified Mediator, Puerto Rico Supreme Court
- Civil Law Notary
Puerto Rico Bar Association
Puerto Rico Society of Certified Public Accountants
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Puerto Rico Supreme Court's Alternate Dispute Resolution Methods Bureau
Golden Key National Honor Society