Her practice is enriched by more than ten years actively involved in the real estate and hospitality legal practice in addition to her invaluable insights due to her training and experience gained when practicing architecture.
She practices in various aspects of real estate, including resort development, permitting process, condohotel and timeshare planning, single-family, multi-family and lot development projects.
Ms. George-Iguina assists in the preparation and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, title and due diligence review, negotiation of financing documents, preparation and negotiation of construction contracts, preparation negotiation of hotel management and franchise agreements, technical services agreements with numerous leading hotel operators in connection with new hotel developments and acquisitions of existing hotel assets.
She provides legal advice during ongoing construction projects as well as for the operations of numerous existing hotel properties. In addition, she assists numerous clients on local gaming licensing and ongoing gaming compliance matters.
Ms. George-Iguina is Managing Director of McV Consulting, Inc., an affiliate of the firm engaged in real estate, financing and hospitality advisory services which among other projects, has developed in the last 4 years with PRISA Group a select service hotels portfolio of four hotel properties, two with adjoining casinos with an aggregate amount of 537 keys in an aggregate project budge of $149MM, all of which were built ahead of time and below budget.
Before joining McConnell Valdés, she worked over seven years an Architect for various architectural and engineering firms where she was actively involved in in the planning, conceptual design development, construction documents, coordination and permitting of private and public residential projects.
During her tenure as an architect, she acquired vast experience in the permitting processes at agencies such as the Planning Board, the Permits’ Management Office Administration, the Department of Natural and Environmental Resources, and State Historic Preservation Office, as well as the permitting offices of several autonomous municipalities.
She is member of the Board of Directors of one of Puerto Rico’s top prep schools, Academia María Reina, of which she is an alumna.
Some of her representative transactions include:
- Acquisition, development and financing the WVieques Resort
- Sale of Dorado Beach Resort
- Acquisition and development of Coco Beach Resort
- Development and financing of Puerto Rico’s first wind farm
- Development, structuring, financing, construction and operation of Hyatt Place Bayamon Hotel and Tropical Casino, Hyatt Place Manati and Casino Atlántico, Hyatt House San Juan, Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center
- Acquisition and development of 130-room hotel, casino and commercial project in Cabo Rojo
News & Publications
- McV NewsSeptember 11, 2018
- McV Hospitality Practice Team NewsAugust 17, 2017
- Island Hospitality Partners - a partnership led by PRISA Group and McConnell Valdés Consulting Inc. - announce development of 5-acre hospitality and entertainment district in San JuanOctober 13, 2016
- July 14, 2016
- May 3, 2016
- An McV Real Estate & Tax AlertJanuary 24, 2018
- An McV Government Affairs and Tax AlertMarch 8, 2017
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court Rules that a Foreclosure Judgment could be Null and Void if the Case was Not Mediated FirstAn McV Bankruptcy & Debt Restructuring AlertOctober 21, 2016
- An McV Hospitality AlertAugust 11, 2016
Managing Director of McV Consulting, Inc.
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
B.A., University of Puerto Rico, 1996
- Major: Environmental Design
Masters of Architecture, Knowlton School of Architecture at Ohio State University, December, 1998
J.D., University of Puerto Rico Law School, 2004
Puerto Rico Bar Association