Her practice is enriched by more than ten years actively involved in the real estate and hospitality legal practice in addition to her invaluable insights due to her training and experience gained when practicing architecture.
She practices in various aspects of real estate, including resort development, permitting process, condohotel and timeshare planning, single-family, multi-family and lot development projects.
Ms. George-Iguina assists in the preparation and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, title and due diligence review, negotiation of financing documents, preparation and negotiation of construction contracts, preparation negotiation of hotel management and franchise agreements, technical services agreements with numerous leading hotel operators in connection with new hotel developments and acquisitions of existing hotel assets.
She provides legal advice during ongoing construction projects as well as for the operations of numerous existing hotel properties. In addition, she assists numerous clients on local gaming licensing and ongoing gaming compliance matters.
Ms. George-Iguina is Managing Director of McV Consulting, Inc., an affiliate of the firm engaged in real estate, financing and hospitality advisory services which among other projects, has developed in the last 4 years with PRISA Group a select service hotels portfolio of four hotel properties, two with adjoining casinos with an aggregate amount of 537 keys in an aggregate project budge of $149MM, all of which were built ahead of time and below budget.
Before joining McConnell Valdés, she worked over seven years an Architect for various architectural and engineering firms where she was actively involved in in the planning, conceptual design development, construction documents, coordination and permitting of private and public residential projects.
During her tenure as an architect, she acquired vast experience in the permitting processes at agencies such as the Planning Board, the Permits’ Management Office Administration, the Department of Natural and Environmental Resources, and State Historic Preservation Office, as well as the permitting offices of several autonomous municipalities.
She is member of the Board of Directors of one of Puerto Rico’s top prep schools, Academia María Reina, of which she is an alumna.
Some of her representative transactions include:
- Acquisition, development and financing the WVieques Resort
- Sale of Dorado Beach Resort
- Acquisition and development of Coco Beach Resort
- Development and financing of Puerto Rico’s first wind farm
- Development, structuring, financing, construction and operation of Hyatt Place Bayamon Hotel and Tropical Casino, Hyatt Place Manati and Casino Atlántico, Hyatt House San Juan, Hyatt Place San Juan/City Center
- Acquisition and development of 130-room hotel, casino and commercial project in Cabo Rojo
News & Publications
- McV NewsAugust 21, 2019
- April 11, 2019
- McV NewsSeptember 11, 2018
- McV Hospitality Practice Team NewsAugust 17, 2017
- Island Hospitality Partners - a partnership led by PRISA Group and McConnell Valdés Consulting Inc. - announce development of 5-acre hospitality and entertainment district in San JuanOctober 13, 2016
- July 14, 2016
- May 3, 2016
- Executive Order 2021-010 Modifies Curfew and Lifts Sunday Lockdowns; Additional Modifications AnnouncedAn McV Government Affairs AlertJanuary 12, 2021
- An McV Government Affairs AlertDecember 8, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertNovember 17, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertOctober 3, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertSeptember 14, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertAugust 21, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertAugust 4, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertJuly 24, 2020
- Municipality of San Juan Orders Mandatory Use of Facemasks and Announces Special Hours of Operations for BusinessesAn McV Government Affairs AlertJuly 22, 2020
- Executive Order 2020-054 Repeals EO 2020-048 and Reverses Certain Reopening Measures; New Restrictions AnnouncedAn McV Government Affairs AlertJuly 17, 2020
- An McV Corporate AlertJuly 8, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertJuly 1, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertJune 15, 2020
- An McV Emergency Task Force AlertJune 5, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMay 25, 2020
- An McV Real Estate & Finance AlertMay 5, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMay 5, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMay 2, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertApril 15, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertApril 13, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertApril 8, 2020
- An McV Emergency Task Force AlertApril 6, 2020
- An McV Emergency Task Force AlertApril 1, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMarch 31, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMarch 30, 2020
- Puerto Rico Department of Health Relaxes Certificate of Need and Convenience Requirements for Hospitals Seeking to Add Patient Beds During the COVID-19 CrisisAn McV Health Care AlertMarch 30, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMarch 27, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMarch 26, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMarch 25, 2020
- Puerto Rico Tourism Company Clarifies Applicability of Lockdown Executive Order as related to Hospitality IndustryMcV Hospitality Practice Team AlertMarch 15, 2020
- An McV Recovery Financing Practice GroupFebruary 5, 2020
- An McV Recovery Financing Practice Team AlertAugust 29, 2019
- An McV Litigation and Real Estate AlertAugust 23, 2019
- May 30, 2019
- An McV Recovery Financing Practice Team AlertMarch 1, 2019
- An McV Recovery Financing Practice Team AlertSeptember 14, 2018
- An McV Real Estate & Tax AlertJanuary 24, 2018
- An McV Government Affairs and Tax AlertMarch 8, 2017
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court Rules that a Foreclosure Judgment could be Null and Void if the Case was Not Mediated FirstAn McV Bankruptcy & Debt Restructuring AlertOctober 21, 2016
- An McV Hospitality AlertAugust 11, 2016
Managing Director of McV Consulting, Inc.
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
B.A., University of Puerto Rico, 1996
- Major: Environmental Design
Masters of Architecture, Knowlton School of Architecture at Ohio State University, December, 1998
J.D., University of Puerto Rico Law School, 2004
Puerto Rico Bar Association