Mr. Parrilla represents clients in complex corporate and real estate matters.
His practice includes corporate, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, financing, regulatory, licensing, and hospitality matters. He also advises clients on matters dealing with construction law, non-profit law, government contracts, customs and tariffs, and aviation. He also provides counsel to clients on Florida corporate, real estate, and financing matters.
Some of his most recent work includes being part of the legal team that advices two of Puerto Rico’s most well-known planned community developments and resorts on complex real estate matters, acting as counsel in the acquisition and financing of a multi-million dollar business airplane, and counseling a steel importer on matters regarding customs and tariffs. He is also part of the team that advices the board of directors of a world-recognized company on corporate governance matters, shareholder relations, and providing insight on business decisions.
Mr. Parrilla is also an active participant of the Firm’s Pro-Bono Program, advising non-profit and tax-exempt organizations in corporate governance, regulatory, and licensing matters.
Prior to joining McConnell Valdés, he worked in the House of Representatives of Puerto Rico and in the Supreme Court of Puerto Rico. He also clerked in the Court of Appeals of Puerto Rico. In law school, he was a member of the Board of Directors of the University of Puerto Rico Law Review, where he authored two law review articles: Full Faith Bonds and Revenue Bonds in Puerto Rico, 82 Rev. Jur. UPR 121 (2013) and Term Analysis of the Supreme Court of Puerto Rico: Contracts and Law of Obligations, 82 Rev. Jur. UPR 479 (2013).
His recent work includes being part of the legal team in the following transactions:
- Real estate transactions involving large pharmaceutical and manufacturing facilities
- Creation and set-up of an online lending platform
- Multi-million dollar stock transaction of a highly regulated insurance company
- Various real estate and financing transactions in Florida
News & Publications
- An McV Emergency Task Force AlertApril 6, 2020
- An McV Emergency Task Force AlertApril 1, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMarch 31, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMarch 30, 2020
- Puerto Rico Department of Health Relaxes Certificate of Need and Convenience Requirements for Hospitals Seeking to Add Patient Beds During the COVID-19 CrisisAn McV Health Care AlertMarch 30, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMarch 27, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMarch 26, 2020
- An McV Government Affairs AlertMarch 25, 2020
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
B.A., Magna Cum Laude , University of Puerto Rico, 2010
- Major: Political Science and Government
J.D., Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico School of Law, 2013
Certified Legal Specialty
- Civil Law Notary