Ms. López de Alós concentrates her practice in general labor and employment law litigation in local and federal courts, arbitration, and consulting. She also has experience in civil and commercial litigation, having been an associate of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group for almost four years.
She has been involved in numerous merger & acquisition transactions for various types of industries, assisting clients in the drafting and negotiation of employment related provisions tailored to Puerto Rico, transfer of employees’ requirements and transition processes involved. She coordinates and supervises eight attorneys and one paralegal who assist clients in all aspects of labor & employment related issues within their merger & acquisition transactions, including statutory and regulatory requirements of businesses that start operations in Puerto Rico, as well as the regular course of business related requirements and filings.
Ms. López de Alós, who frequently assists international banking entities established in Puerto Rico with labor and employment matters, has extensive experience in conducting internal labor and employment related audits to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
She was a member of the Puerto Rico Bar Association's Special Committee for the Revision of the Puerto Rico Ethics Code. She teaches the Rules of Professional Conduct review course for the Federal Bar exam, and regularly lectures on local and federal rules of professional conduct, and other subjects related to professional ethics.
Before she became an attorney, she enjoyed a distinguished career as a journalist, concentrating in medical research, culture and art. From 2001 to 2009 she was the Editor in Chief of Labor Perspectives, the Labor & Employment Law quarterly newsletter that provided general information concerning labor and employment law matters.
Some of her representative cases and transactions include:
- Osvaldo Nieves Martínez et als. V. General Instruments, Inc. y/o Next Level, Corp., 2010 PR App. LEXIS 1646 KLAN20100000276 (April 30, 2010): Affirming partial dismissal of claims in wage and hour case involving 124 plaintiffs.
- Montalvo-León v. Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Co., WL 2905350, (D. Puerto Rico, September 24, 2007): Dismissal, on summary judgment , of age discrimination in employment action. Magistrate’s favorable report and recommendation.
- Marrero v. Schindler Elevator Corp., 494 F.Supp.2d (D. Puerto Rico, June 11, 2007): Dismissal, on summary judgment, of age discrimination in employment action.
- Representing Haemonetics Corporation in the acquisition of Pall Corporation, 2012.
- Representing Aramark Uniform and Career Apparel LLC in the acquision of AmeriPride Services, Inc. (Edis’ Industrial Laundry), 2010.
- Reorganization of Motorola’s corporations in Puerto Rico, 2009.
- Representation of Kaman Industrial Technologies in the acquisition of Industrial Rubber & Mechanics, Incorporated, 2008.
- Representation of Klosterman Baking of PR in the acquisition of Pan Pepín, Inc., 2004.
- Assisting AMERITEL Puerto Rico LLC with the labor and employment aspects of its commencement of local operations, 2012.
- Assisting Koman Propper LLC with the labor and employment aspects of its commencement of local operations, 2010.
- Assisting EMCOR Facilities Services (PR), Inc./ Viox Services Inc. with labor and employment aspects of its commencement of local operations, 2010.
- Assisting The Coding Source P.R. LLC/Altegra Health, Inc. with the labor and employment aspects of its commencement of local operations, 2009.
News & Publications
- February 16, 2018
- Three McV attorneys teach review courses for the Federal Bar examSeptember 23, 2015
- McV Labor & Employment Practice GroupJanuary 4, 2019
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertDecember 12, 2018
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertAugust 14, 2018
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJuly 24, 2018
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJune 26, 2018
- McV Labor & Employment Law Tidbit Series: Act 61 Compliance Deadline for Government Contractors ApproachingMcV Labor & Employment Practice GroupJune 12, 2018
- McV Labor & Employment Practice GroupMarch 15, 2018
- McV Labor & Employment Practice GroupFebruary 13, 2018
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertFebruary 2, 2018
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJanuary 31, 2018
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertDecember 27, 2017
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertNovember 16, 2017
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertOctober 19, 2017
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertOctober 6, 2017
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertAugust 22, 2017
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertApril 10, 2017
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertMarch 13, 2017
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJanuary 10, 2017
- An McV Immigration Practice AlertNovember 15, 2016
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertOctober 21, 2016
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertSeptember 6, 2016
- The Puerto Rico Oversight, Management, and Economic Stability Act (“PROMESA”) excludes Puerto Rico from the Department of Labor’s Final Rule regarding “white collar” exempt employeesAn McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJuly 1, 2016
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJune 21, 2016
- Failure to comply with Title VII, ADA and GINA’s notice posting requirements may result in fines of up to $525 for each separate offense starting on July 5, 2016An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJune 21, 2016
- An McV Labor & Employment AlertMay 18, 2016
- March 8, 2016
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court reinforces employer’s duty to provide a private, safe and hygienic location to its working mothers who are breastfeeding.February 9, 2016
- January 7, 2016
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
B.A., Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico's School of Public Communication
- Major: Public Communication
J.D., Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico Law School
Puerto Rico Bar Association
Federal Bar Association