Mr Casellas has over 20 years of experience in various corporate and financing matters, including project development and finance, commercial lending and structured finance, real estate and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Casellas has acted as counsel for various financial institutions in commercial lending and structured finance transactions.
He has been recognized various times by the prestigious publication Chambers Global as a Leader in their Field in the areas of Corporate/Commercial and Real Estate, and is also ranked in the Banking & Finance Law and the Real Estate Law fields of The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico guide.
His most recent transactions include acting as counsel for Autopistas Metropolitanas de Puerto Rico, LLC. in the financing of the PR-22 toll road concession, the first PPP project under the new Puerto Rico Public Private Partnership Act and counsel for a potential bidder for the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport on a PPP project.
Mr. Casellas is ranked as one of Puerto Rico’s Leading Attorneys in the Real Estate and the Corporate/Commercial fields by the renowned international publication Chambers & Partners in both its Global and its Latin America Guides.
Prior to joining the firm he clerked for the Chief Justice of Puerto Rico, Hon. Victor Pons from 1986 to 1987 and for Hon. Juan R. Torruella, Circuit Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
He is a Fellow of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys.
News & Publications
- McV NewsAugust 28, 2017
- July 14, 2016
- June 7, 2016
- 17 McV Attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico© 2016September 11, 2015
- Twenty-six McV Attorneys Recognized in Chambers & Partners Latin America GuideJune 22, 2015
- An McV Real Estate & Tax AlertJanuary 24, 2018
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court Rules that a Foreclosure Judgment could be Null and Void if the Case was Not Mediated FirstAn McV Bankruptcy & Debt Restructuring AlertOctober 21, 2016
Member, Business Development Committee
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
B.B.A., Georgetown University, 1982
J.D., Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico Law School, 1985
Master's Degree in Law, Columbia Law School, 1988
Puerto Rico Bar Association
American Bar Association