Mr. Miranda specializes in commercial law, real estate and general corporate law. He has been involved in the structuring, financing and development of complex residential, tourism and mixed use real estate developments as well as in the development, financing and construction of most major hotels in Puerto Rico. Likewise he has an extensive practice in corporate and commercial finance matters.
He also represents the principal advertising and public relations companies in Puerto Rico as well as various healthcare organizations.
Mr. Miranda is ranked as a Senior Statesman in the Real Estate field in Puerto Rico by the renowned international publication Chambers & Partners in its Latin America Guide and is also ranked in the Real Estate Law and the Corporate and M&A fields by The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico guide. In 2016 he was recognized by Best Lawyers® as the Real Estate "Lawyer of the Year" in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
He joined the firm as a partner in June of 1996, as a result of a merger between the firm and Ledesma, Palou & Miranda.
He is involved in various not-for-profit community organizations and foundations.
Some of his representative work as a Real Estate attorney include:
- Involvement in the refurbishment and re-launching of many hotels, including:
- Condado Vanderbilt Hotel in Condado
- La Concha Renaissance Resort in Condado
- El Conquistador Resort and Country Club in Fajardo
- Las Casitas Resort in Fajardo
- Courtyard in Isla Verde
- Hotel San Juan in Isla Verde
- Hostal El Convento in Old San Juan
- Condado Plaza Hotel and Casino
- Sands Hotel in Isla Verde
- Martineau Bay Hotel in Vieques
- Mr. Miranda has also represented various commercial banks in real estate and commercial loans.
News & Publications
- McV NewsAugust 28, 2017
- McV Hospitality Practice Team NewsAugust 17, 2017
- June 7, 2016
- 17 McV Attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico© 2016September 11, 2015
- Twenty-six McV Attorneys Recognized in Chambers & Partners Latin America GuideJune 22, 2015
- An McV Real Estate & Tax AlertJanuary 24, 2018
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court Rules that a Foreclosure Judgment could be Null and Void if the Case was Not Mediated FirstAn McV Bankruptcy & Debt Restructuring AlertOctober 21, 2016
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
B.S.E., Wharton School of Finance at University of Pennsylvania, 1965
LL.B., University of Puerto Rico Law School, 1968
Puerto Rico Bar Association
American Bar Association