PR Department of Health Further Extends Validity of Licenses, Permits and Certificates
An McV Tax & Health Care Alert
As a result of the continuing COVID-19 emergency, the Secretary of Health issued Administrative Order No. 452 (“AO 452”) authorizing certain licenses, permits and certificates expiring on or after June 30, 2020 to remain in effect as follows:
- Controlled Substance Registration Certificates issued by the Office of Controlled Substances are extended until July 31, 2020.
- Licenses, permits, certifications and certificates of need and convenience (“CNCs”) issued by the Office of the Assistant Secretary for the Regulation and Accreditation of Healthcare Facilities (“SARAFS”) are extended until October 31, 2020.
- Licenses issued to healthcare professionals by the Examining Boards of the Office of Regulations and Certification of Healthcare Professionals and the Puerto Rico Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline are extended until December 31, 2020.
- Licenses, permits and certificates issued by the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Environmental Health are extended until December 31, 2020.
These extensions are meant to allow the healthcare industry to continue offering their services to the local community without interruption.
AO 452 entered into effect on June 30, 2020.
The content of this McV Alert has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended as, and does not constitute, either legal advice or solicitation of any prospective client. An attorney-client relationship with McConnell Valdés LLC cannot be formed by reading or responding to this McV Alert. Such a relationship may be formed only by express agreement with McConnell Valdés LLC.
- Mario L. Paniagua-Guzmán
- Arturo J. García-Solá
- Samuel T. Céspedes Jr.
- Alejandro Cepeda-Díaz
- Leslie Y. Flores-Rodríguez
- Juan A. Marqués-Díaz
- Lizzie Portela-Fernández
- Francisco J. Pavía
- Isabel Torres-Sastre
- Beatriz L. Annexy-Guevara
- Britt Arrieta-Rivera
- James D. Noël
- Gustavo Gelpí
- Adrián P. Goyco-Vera