U.S. District Court Order Regarding Continuing Civil and Criminal Proceedings
An McV Litigation Alert
On March 31, 2020 the U.S. District Court issued an Order continuing civil and criminal proceedings. In summary, the Order states that:
- All civil and criminal proceedings requiring hearings are continued until Monday May 4, 2020
- Criminal matters before Magistrate Judges will be conducted as provided in existing COVID-19 orders
- During the pendency of this order, District and Magistrate judges may order counsel to file motions providing updates on status of cases
- Judges may continue to issue case management, dispositive, and non dispositive orders
- This order does not otherwise further extend motion deadlines extended by the Court to include up and until April 10, 2020
You may access the full document here.
If you have any questions please contact any of the attorneys listed below. They are working remotely and can be reached by email or by phone.
The content of this McV Alert has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended as, and does not constitute, either legal advice or solicitation of any prospective client. An attorney-client relationship with McConnell Valdés LLC cannot be formed by reading or responding to this McV Alert. Such a relationship may be formed only by express agreement with McConnell Valdés LLC.