- January 7, 2016
Administrative Determination 15-25 provides guidance on sales and use tax reporting; Administrative Determination 15-26 establishes effective date for VAT provisions.
- January 4, 2016
Circular Letter of Tax Policy 15-16 notifies the cost-of-living adjustments announced by the IRS for taxable year 2016 that will apply to retirement plans qualified under the provisions of Section 1081.01 of the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code of 2011.
- December 3, 2015
- Retail Consumer Laws, November 30, 2015
On October 30, 2015, Governor Alejandro García Padilla signed an Executive Order banning the use of plastic bags as part of his commitment to the conservation of natural resources. The effective date of the prohibition is July 1, 2016.
- Governor Files Bill to create Board for the Financial Supervision and Economic Recovery of Puerto RicoGovernment Affairs, October 21, 2015
We summarize the most important aspects of Legislature House Bill 2718 and Senate Bill 1513, which create the Board for the Financial Supervision and Economic Recovery of Puerto Rico and approve a 5-year consolidated Economic and Fiscal Growth Plan.
- Cuba Practice Team, September 21, 2015
New amendments will further ease sanctions related to travel, telecommunications and internet-based services, business operations in Cuba, and remittances.
- DNER Reschedules Public Hearings and Extends Comment Period for the Proposed Amendments to the Maritime Terrestrial Zone RegulationEnvironmental, September 15, 2015
DNER Reschedules Public Hearings and Extends Comment Period for the Proposed Amendments to the Maritime Terrestrial Zone Regulation
- Tax Litigation, September 9, 2015
Puerto Rico Supreme Court Clarifies Jurisdictional Payment Requirement
to Challenge Real Property Tax
- PR Treasury Issues New Guidance on Sales and Use Tax Applicable to ServicesSeptember 2, 2015
Puerto Rico Treasury Issues New Guidance on Sales and Use Tax Applicable to Services
- DNER Proposes Amendments to Maritime Terrestrial Zone RegulationAugust 26, 2015
DNER Proposes Amendments to Maritime Terrestrial Zone Regulation
- Public Participation in the Review Process of PREPA’s Integrated Resource PlanAugust 26, 2015
Public Participation in the Review Process of PREPA’s Integrated Resource Plan
- August 10, 2015
Puerto Rico Energy Commission Promulgates Regulation on Rate Filing Requirements for Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority
- Paper Format Returns No Longer Available for Sales and Use Tax ReportingAugust 3, 2015
Puerto Rico Department of the Treasury issues Administrative Determination 15-14
- U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division issues Administrator’s Interpretation 2015-1July 20, 2015
U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division issues Administrator’s Interpretation 2015-1
- PREC RegulationJuly 16, 2015
PR Energy Commission Promulgates Regulation on Certifications, Annual
Fees and Operational Plans for Electrical Service Companies
- Municipality of Carolina Grants Amnesty for Certain Municipal TaxesJuly 14, 2015
Municipality of Carolina Grants Amnesty for Certain Municipal Taxes
- U.S. Court of Appeals Upholds Ruling Invalidating Puerto Rico Recovery ActJuly 7, 2015
U.S. Court of Appeals Upholds Ruling Invalidating Puerto Rico Recovery Act
- Cuba Practice Team, July 1, 2015
U.S. and Cuba announce reopening of embassies in Havana and Washington, D.C.
- Update Regulations for Exempt Employees AnnouncedJuly 1, 2015
President Obama Announces Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to Update Regulations for Exempt Employees
- Recent Legislation Affecting the Labor & Employment Law AreaJune 30, 2015
Recent Legislation Affecting the Labor & Employment Law Area
- Treasury Issues Guidelines on Returns of Taxable Items and Pre-Existing AgreementsJune 26, 2015
Treasury Issues Guidelines on Returns of Taxable Items and Pre-Existing Agreements
- DACO Issues New Advertising RegulationJune 25, 2015
DACO Issues New Advertising Regulation
- Increase to Use Tax Bonds due to the enactment of Act 72-2015June 15, 2015
Increase to Use Tax Bonds due to the enactment of Act 72-2015
- DACO Issues New RegulationJune 11, 2015
DACO Issues New Regulation
- USEPA Issues Revised Multi-Sector General PermitJune 8, 2015
USEPA Issues Revised Multi-Sector General Permit
- Act 72 Amends the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code of 2011June 3, 2015
Summary of the most significant provisions of the Act modifying current statutory provisions dealing with individual and corporate income taxes.
- Act 72 Amends the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code of 2011 - Part IIJune 3, 2015
Summary of the most significant provisions of the Act amending the sales and use tax provisions of Subtitle D of the Code, and adding a new Subtitle DD to the Code to include the value added tax provisions.
- Tax Free Holidays AnnouncedJune 2, 2015
Sales tax holidays for uniforms and school supplies announced.
- Tax Reform House Bill 2482 Alert #3May 22, 2015
- Tax Reform House Bill 2482 Alert #2May 21, 2015
This is the second Tax Alert on the recently unveiled House Bill 2482 to amend the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code of 2011.
- Tax Reform House Bill 2482May 20, 2015
House Bill 2482 introduced in the Puerto Rico Legislature in an effort to reach a consensus to raise revenues and obtain a balanced budget for fiscal year 2015-2016.
- Procedure to Benefit from the Tax AmnestyMay 14, 2015
Procedure to Benefit from the Tax Amnesty
- PR Supreme Court Holding Regarding Municipal Authority to Impose Municipal License TaxMay 13, 2015
Recent Puerto Rico Supreme Court Holding Regarding the Municipal Authority to Impose Municipal License Tax.
- Puerto Rico Department of Treasury issues Administrative Determination 15-05April 6, 2015
Automatic Release of Imports Repealed for Non-Bonded Importers
- Act 44-2015April 1, 2015
Act 44-2015 Implements an Incentives Plan for the Payment of Taxes
- Incentives Act for the Payment of Taxes Prior to the Tax TransformationApril 1, 2015
Additional Period of Time to Pay or Prepay Income Taxes: Retirement Plans, Individual Retirement Accounts and Education Contribution Accounts
- Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic Formalize Commercial AgreementsFebruary 23, 2015
Agreements designed to foster closer and more productive relations between Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic reached.
- The Act to Transform Puerto Rico's Tax System: Individual and Corporate Income TaxFebruary 18, 2015
Summary of the most significant provisions of the bill modifying current statutory provisions dealing with individual and corporate income tax.
- The Act to Transform Puerto Rico's Tax System: Conduit EntitiesFebruary 13, 2015
Summary of the most significant provisions of the Code dealing with “conduit entities.”
- Puerto Rico Energy Commission adopts Regulation No. 8543February 13, 2015
Puerto Rico Energy Commission Promulgates Regulation for Adjudicative
Procedures, Non-Compliance Notices, Investigations and Rates Review
- The Act to Transform Puerto Rico's Tax SystemFebruary 12, 2015
The Act to Transform Puerto Rico's Tax System
- Puerto Rico Public Corporation Debt Enforcement and Recovery Act UnconstitutionalFebruary 9, 2015
Federal Court declares Debt Restructuring Act for Puerto Rico Public Corporations unconstitutional; permanently enjoins government from enforcing it.
- January 28, 2015
Reminder: Sponsors of PR Qualified Retirement Plans May Be Required to File with
PR Treasury by April 15, 2015 any Plan Restatements and Certain Specific
Amendments to Meet PR Tax Qualification Requirements
- Interconnection Procedures and Net Metering StandardsJanuary 27, 2015
The Puerto Rico Energy Commission issues Order No. CEPR-MI-2014-0001
- Electronic Payments of Estimated Personal Property TaxJanuary 26, 2015
The Municipal Revenue Collection Center (“CRIM”) issues Circular Letter No. 2015-01.
- Environmental, January 19, 2015
CIFP Act adopts a digital code which will substitute all permits, certification, licenses and the like which must be posted at any premises, industry or commercial establishment.
- Cuba Practice Team, January 15, 2015
Beginning January 16, 2015, the United States government will ease Cuba trade and travel restrictions charting a new course in U.S.- Cuba relations.
- Tax & Retail, January 12, 2015
January 2015 Tax Free Holiday Reminder
- Act. No. 238December 24, 2014
Act. No. 238 Extends Tax Prepayment of Accrued Value of Benefits on Retirement
Plans and IRAs until January 31, 2015
- Obama Administration Charts a New Course for U.S. - Cuba RelationsDecember 23, 2014
Obama Administration Charts a New Course for U.S. - Cuba Relations
The content of this McV Alert has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended as, and does not constitute, either legal advice or solicitation of any prospective client. An attorney-client relationship with McConnell Valdés LLC cannot be formed by reading or responding to this McV Alert. Such a relationship may be formed only by express agreement with McConnell Valdés LLC.