- Puerto Rico Department of Treasury issues Administrative Determination 15-05April 6, 2015
Automatic Release of Imports Repealed for Non-Bonded Importers
- Act 44-2015April 1, 2015
Act 44-2015 Implements an Incentives Plan for the Payment of Taxes
- Incentives Act for the Payment of Taxes Prior to the Tax TransformationApril 1, 2015
Additional Period of Time to Pay or Prepay Income Taxes: Retirement Plans, Individual Retirement Accounts and Education Contribution Accounts
- Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic Formalize Commercial AgreementsFebruary 23, 2015
Agreements designed to foster closer and more productive relations between Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic reached.
- The Act to Transform Puerto Rico's Tax System: Individual and Corporate Income TaxFebruary 18, 2015
Summary of the most significant provisions of the bill modifying current statutory provisions dealing with individual and corporate income tax.
- The Act to Transform Puerto Rico's Tax System: Conduit EntitiesFebruary 13, 2015
Summary of the most significant provisions of the Code dealing with “conduit entities.”
- Puerto Rico Energy Commission adopts Regulation No. 8543February 13, 2015
Puerto Rico Energy Commission Promulgates Regulation for Adjudicative
Procedures, Non-Compliance Notices, Investigations and Rates Review
- The Act to Transform Puerto Rico's Tax SystemFebruary 12, 2015
The Act to Transform Puerto Rico's Tax System
- Puerto Rico Public Corporation Debt Enforcement and Recovery Act UnconstitutionalFebruary 9, 2015
Federal Court declares Debt Restructuring Act for Puerto Rico Public Corporations unconstitutional; permanently enjoins government from enforcing it.
- January 28, 2015
Reminder: Sponsors of PR Qualified Retirement Plans May Be Required to File with
PR Treasury by April 15, 2015 any Plan Restatements and Certain Specific
Amendments to Meet PR Tax Qualification Requirements
- Interconnection Procedures and Net Metering StandardsJanuary 27, 2015
The Puerto Rico Energy Commission issues Order No. CEPR-MI-2014-0001
- Electronic Payments of Estimated Personal Property TaxJanuary 26, 2015
The Municipal Revenue Collection Center (“CRIM”) issues Circular Letter No. 2015-01.
- Environmental, January 19, 2015
CIFP Act adopts a digital code which will substitute all permits, certification, licenses and the like which must be posted at any premises, industry or commercial establishment.
- Cuba Practice Team, January 15, 2015
Beginning January 16, 2015, the United States government will ease Cuba trade and travel restrictions charting a new course in U.S.- Cuba relations.
- Tax & Retail, January 12, 2015
January 2015 Tax Free Holiday Reminder
- Act. No. 238December 24, 2014
Act. No. 238 Extends Tax Prepayment of Accrued Value of Benefits on Retirement
Plans and IRAs until January 31, 2015
- Obama Administration Charts a New Course for U.S. - Cuba RelationsDecember 23, 2014
Obama Administration Charts a New Course for U.S. - Cuba Relations
- Technical Amendments to the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code of 2011December 23, 2014
Technical Amendments to the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code of 2011
- Alternate Procedure for Filing Supplemental Information for Taxable Year 2013December 18, 2014
Puerto Rico Department of the Treasury issues Administrative Determination 14-28
- PR Treasury Announces 2015 Retirement Plan LimitationsDecember 18, 2014
Puerto Rico Treasury issues Circular Letter of Tax Policy No.14-05 notifying the cost-of-living adjustments announced by the IRS for taxable year 2015.
- Windsor Amendments Deadline ApproachingDecember 3, 2014
Puerto Rico Qualified Plans Must be Amended on or before December 31, 2014, to comply with the Post Windsor Requirements.
- Existence of Private Residential Roads Recognized under Puerto Rico LawDecember 1, 2014
Puerto Rico Supreme Court Recognizes the Existence of Private Residential Roads under Puerto Rico Law
- New Private Equity Funds Act EnactedNovember 21, 2014
Senate Bill No. 862 becomes Act. No. 185, the new Private Equity Funds Act.
- Municipal License Tax Amnesty Approved by the Municipality of San JuanNovember 18, 2014
The Municipality of San Juan implements municipal license tax amnesty.
- Automatic Release of Imports RepealedNovember 17, 2014
PR Department of Treasury issues Administrative Determination No. 14-27
- Electronic Remittance of the 2% Special Charge on Money TransfersNovember 12, 2014
Puerto Rico Treasury Department issues additional guidance regarding the remittance options with of the 2% Special Charge on eligible money transfer transactions.
- Act 174 Extends Incentive Plan on Amounts owed by EmployersOctober 23, 2014
Act 174 Extends Incentive Plan on Amounts owed by Employers
- Renewal Reminder: Reseller and Municipal Sales and Use Tax Exemption CertificatesOctober 23, 2014
Renewal Reminder: Reseller and Municipal Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certificates
- PR Treasury Publishes AD 14-26October 21, 2014
PR Treasury Postpones Enforcement of 2% Charge on Money Transfers
- PR Treasury Issues AD 14-25October 20, 2014
PR Treasury issues guidance with respect to municipal sales and use tax returns
- Names of certain forms amendedOctober 9, 2014
PR Treasury issues Tax Policy Informative Bulletin No. 14-02 informing name change for certain forms.
- Acts 160 and 169October 7, 2014
Acts 160 and 169: Two new laws that significantly affect Employment Law in Puerto Rico
- PR Treasury issues Circular Letter of Tax Policy No.14-02October 1, 2014
Additional Guidelines Regarding Tax Prepayment on Retirement Plans Accrued Balances
- Carlos Fernández-Lugo interviewed and quoted by Latin America AdvisorSeptember 2014
Carlos Fernández-Lugo interviewed and quoted by Latin America Advisor, Inter-American Dialogue's newsletter.
- PR Treasury Issues AD 14-24September 22, 2014
Paper format returns allowed as alternative method for filing the monthly sales and use tax returns
- Puerto Rico Department of the Treasury publishes AD 14-23September 19, 2014
Puerto Rico Department of the Treasury eliminates the requirement of uploading certain information required by Administrative Determination 14-20.
- Puerto Rico Department of the Treasury publishes AD 14-22September 11, 2014
Administrative Determination 14-22 extends various due dates related to the reporting and payment of the sales and use tax.
- Further guidance on the filing and payment of the Sales and Use TaxSeptember 3, 2014
Administrative Determinations 14-19 and 14-20 offer further guidance on the filing and payment of the Sales and Use Tax
- IRS Revenue Ruling 2014-24September 2, 2014
Investment by Puerto Rico Qualified Retirement Plans and Insurance Company Separate Accounts in “81-100 Group Trusts”
- Supplemental Information to Financial Statements Postponed for Taxable Year 2013August 21, 2014
Puerto Rico Treasury Department issues AD 14-17 to inform about the new Supplemental Information of the Audited Financial Statements Filing System and to extend the due date for submitting the Supplemental Information.
- Tax Prepayment on Accrued Value of Retirement Plan BenefitsAugust 11, 2014
Circular Letter 14-16 Provides Guidance Regarding Tax Prepayment on Accrued Value of Retirement Plan Benefits
- Guidance and temporary procedure for the filing and payment of the use tax on imported articlesAugust 7, 2014
Puerto Rico Treasury Department issues guidance and a temporary procedure for the filing and payment of the use tax on imported articles
- Puerto Rico Treasury issues important Administrative Determination and Circular LettersJuly 21, 2014
PR Treasury issues guidance on new sales and use tax rules, extends validity of reseller and municipal sales and use tax exemption certificates, introduces PICO and re-launches SISCON
- Sales Tax Provisions AmendedJuly 11, 2014
Act 80-2014 Amends Sales Tax Provisions of the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code of 2011
- Act 77-2014 signed into lawJuly 3, 2014
Act 77-2014 amends the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code of 2011, the Economic Incentives for the Development of Puerto Rico Act, the Green Energy Incentives Act and the Games of Chance Act.
- PR Treasury Issues Circular Letter 14-03July 3, 2014
Circular Letter 14-03 provides guidance for requesting use tax bonded importer status
- Sales Tax Holidays for Uniforms and School Supplies AnnouncedJuly 1, 2014
Circular Letter No. 14-02 establishes sales tax holidays for uniforms and school supplies and details items to be exempt from sales and use tax.
- Local “Bankruptcy” Law for Debt-Restructuring of State-Owned Corporations SignedJune 29, 2014
Local “Bankruptcy” Law for Debt-Restructuring of State-Owned Corporations Signed; First Lawsuit Challenging the Statute Filed in Federal Court.
- Governor of Puerto Rico Files Bill for Restructuring Debt of Public CorporationsJune 25, 2014
Governor of Puerto Rico announces filing of a bill that, if becomes law, will be titled: “the Puerto Rico Public Corporation Debt Enforcement and Recovery Act.”
- House Bill 2041 proposes changes to sales and use taxJune 19, 2014
HB 2041 seeks to postpone effectiveness of the use tax on imported inventory and includes changes to the sales and use tax
The content of this McV Alert has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended as, and does not constitute, either legal advice or solicitation of any prospective client. An attorney-client relationship with McConnell Valdés LLC cannot be formed by reading or responding to this McV Alert. Such a relationship may be formed only by express agreement with McConnell Valdés LLC.