Lawyers in our Corporate & Commercial Finance team represent entities and individuals in the full range of commercial and financial real estate-based transactions.
We are highly experienced in negotiating, structuring and documenting large commercial loan transactions for our real estate developer clients. We also handle commercial loans secured by real estate, including project acquisition and construction loans.
We collaborate with colleagues from across the firm to fully meet each client’s large-scale real estate transaction needs with integrated, comprehensive service and counsel.
Our team is proud to be part of our top-ranked Real Estate & Finance Practice group, which is top-ranked by Chambers & Partners Latin America, and singled out for being able to handle “some of the most sophisticated work in the real estate area.” A number of our team members are named Leading Lawyers by Chambers and Partners in both itsLatin America and Global Guides and are among The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico 2016.
What We Do
Our Corporate & Commercial Finance Team assists clients by:
- Preparing and negotiating all documentation for real estate transactions.
- Structuring real estate transactions, including the selection of entities (corporation, partnership, or trust).
- Structuring the debt and equity components of complex real estate transactions.
- Structure, finance, and develop complex residential and tourism projects.
News & Publications
- An McV Corporate AlertJuly 8, 2020
- An McV Real Estate & Finance AlertMay 5, 2020
- An McV Litigation and Real Estate AlertAugust 23, 2019
- PR Governor Presents Bill to Allow IFEs and IBEs to Offer Commercial Loans; Amendments to Acts 273-2012 and 52-1982 Also IntroducedAn McV Financial Institutions AlertJanuary 30, 2019
- An McV Recovery Financing Practice Team AlertSeptember 14, 2018