Business success increasingly depends on the ability to negotiate and execute transactions on a global scale. The McConnell Valdés International & Cross Border Transactions team helps clients master the complexities of today’s global marketplace.
We represent clients on a comprehensive range of transactions outside of Puerto Rico, as well as on regulatory and commercial issues that affect inbound and outbound transactions.
A number of our attorneys are seasoned professionals who draw on experience and perspectives gained while working in law firms in United States banking and commercial centers. Others have successfully handled a range of transactional, commercial and regulatory matters beyond our island borders.
As the exclusive member firm for Puerto Rico of Lex Mundi, we are uniquely able to further our clients’ interests the world over, by connecting them with an international network of leading law firms.
What We Do
McConnell Valdés’ International & Cross Border Transactions team to:
Negotiates asset purchase agreements; stock purchase agreements; joint venture agreements; management agreements; services agreements; loan agreements; and license agreements on behalf of clients throughout the continental United States, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
- Coordinates transactional due diligence on local law issues -- such as immigration, taxation, labor, intellectual property, and currency controls -- through access to the worldwide Lex Mundi network of law firms.
- Advises clients entering foreign markets on export financing and distribution agreements.
- Counsels clients on the application of the Bank Secrecy Act, including filing of Foreign Bank and Financial Account Reports.
- Advises clients on the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act.
- Provides guidance on US export-import controls, including those involving the Office of Foreign Assets Control and prohibited persons.
- Counsels clients on the application of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, or FCPA, by drafting corporate policies and partnership agreements; conducting audits and incident investigations; and representing clients in enforcement actions.