Members of the McConnell Valdés Product Liability Practice team members defend manufacturers, distributors, sellers and designers of a wide range of products against product-related personal injury, property damage, and breach of warranty claims.
Chambers and Partners Latin America recognizes the success of our “thorough and well prepared” lawyers in representing local and international clients in complex litigation. Several group members are ranked as Leading Lawyers by Chambers and Partners in both itsLatin America and Global Guides and are also included among The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico 2016.
We have long been at the vanguard in defending claims against all types of products, including:
- Industrial products
- Machinery and tools
- Medical products and devices
- Motor vehicles
- Pharmaceutical products
- Household products
- Recreational products
Many of our team members draw on engineering, science, and technology training for the indispensable critical insights that contribute to an enviable track record in defending clients against product liability claims. Our ability to stay on top of rapidly changing technological advances and an evolving legal landscape is especially valuable in structuring effective defenses for medical device and pharmaceutical clients.
Often, these are complex, high-profile and high-stakes multi-party actions brought in state or federal courts. Our team is extensively experienced in successfully managing these large and challenging cases. Fully bilingual, our Product Liability lawyers have worked extensively with expert witnesses who support our position that a product is safe.
In all cases, our goal is the same: to provide clients with persuasive, unassailable defenses against unfounded claims.
What We Do
The McConnell Valdés Product Liability team has successfully:
- Defended clients against product-related personal injury claims
- Defended clients against product-related property damage claims
- Defended clients against product-related breach of warranty claims
- Defended clients product liability claims in state and federal courts
- Mounted defenses in complex, multi-party product liability cases
Representative Clients & Matters
- Defending a global pharmaceutical manufacturer in a products liability suit before the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, where plaintiffs were alleging damages in the amount of $30 million dollars.
- Representing global pharmaceutical company in an multi-million dollar action filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico for damages allegedly caused by Vicryl Suture and Prolene Mesh.