Mrs. Suau represents U.S. and foreign clients in complex commercial litigation, bankruptcy, workouts, foreclosure and asset repossession.
She litigates and counsels clients across diverse industries on various extraordinary remedies and provisional remedies to secure post-judgment. Mrs. Suau also represents clients in complex insurance litigation and breach of contract disputes, recently litigating cases related to the aftermath of Hurricane María.
Mrs. Suau is featured in the Insolvency and Reorganization Law Field of The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico guide. She is member of the firm's Recruiting Committee and is one of the Litigation Practice Group’s Summer Program supervisors.
She joined the Firm as an Associate in 2010. While in law school, she obtained the Osvaldino Rojas Lugo Award for Excellent Academic Performance in Labor and Employment Law and served as a teacher assistant in the Torts course to Professor Luis H. Sánchez Caso. She was also an Associate Director for the Inter-American University Law Review. In 2009, she published the article “El anónimo y el seudónimo, piedras angulares de la libertad de expresión en el Internet”, Inter American University Law Journal, volume forty-three, page 551.
- Representing insureds in breach of contract, fraud and bad faith actions against major property insurers doing business in Puerto Rico related to the processing of claims related to Hurricanes Irma and María.
- Acting as lead counsel to a hotel management company in a trial regarding a contractual dispute with its former concessionaire. At the conclusion of trial, the court rendered a $2 million judgment in favor of her client.
- Member of the legal team in Five for Entertainment, Inc. v. Ramón Luis Rodríguez Ayala, Civil No. 15-00570, a high profile case involving a post-petition action under 28 U.S.C. §1983 to register a judgment entered by the Southern District of Florida in the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico. After extensive litigation regarding the enforcement and validity of the judgment, a favorable settlement was negotiated where full payment of the judgment to her client was agreed.
- Representing defendant in Municipality of San Juan v. Conseillers En Gestion Et Informatique, KLCE201401005, 2014 WL 7384524 (TA PR Oct. 9, 2014), denied at CC-2015-0080 (TSPR Oct. 30, 2015), a case involving the collection of municipal license tax. The Court of First Instance denied the dismissal of the complaint. Defendants appealed the ruling and the Court of Appeals reversed the trial court. Plaintiffs filed a writ for certiorari before the Supreme Court of Puerto Rico which was denied.
- Member of the legal team in Banco Popular de Puerto Rico v. Areli Park Inc., et als, KLAN 2014-0254, 2014 WL 4406328 (TA PR Jul. 30, 2014), obtaining a successful defense in a foreclosure case that involved extensive litigation regarding plaintiff’s title over the mortgage property.
- Member of the legal team in OMJ Pharmaceuticals v. Municipality of San Germán, ISCI201201264 (Puerto Rico Superior Court – Mayaguez Division, Dec. 6, 2013), successfully obtaining summary judgment denying a multi-million dollar deficiency in a construction excise tax claim.
- Member of the legal team in Mercado Insulation Service v. TAPI Puerto Rico, Inc., G AC2011-0115 (Puerto Rico Superior Court – Guayama Division) (Nov. 15, 2012), successfully obtaining summary judgment as to a breach of contract and damages claim.
News & Publications
- McV NewsAugust 21, 2019
- PR Supreme Court Holds That CPA-Client Privilege Also Applies to Confidential Communications Among In-House CPAsAn McV Tax Litigation AlertMarch 11, 2021
- An McV Consumer Bankruptcy AlertFebruary 4, 2021
- An McV Consumer Bankruptcy AlertJanuary 26, 2021
- An McV Litigation AlertAugust 17, 2020
- An McV Litigation AlertMarch 18, 2020
- An McV Litigation AlertMarch 17, 2020
- McV Litigation AlertMarch 16, 2020
- An McV Litigation and Real Estate AlertAugust 23, 2019
- An McV Consumer Bankruptcy AlertDecember 11, 2018
- An McV Tax Litigation AlertJune 28, 2018
- An McV Consumer Bankruptcy AlertDecember 1, 2017
- An McV Tax Litigation AlertAugust 24, 2017
- Tax Litigation, September 9, 2015
Member, Recruiting Committee
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals First Circuit
B.S., Loyola University, May, 2005
J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Inter-American University of Puerto Rico School of Law, June, 2010
Certified Legal Specialty
- Civil Law Notary
Federal Bar Association
American Bankruptcy Institute