Ms. Román-Orozco's main areas of practice include real estate, mortgage law, commercial financing, secured transactions, banking and estate planning.
She has served as real estate counsel in multiple hospitality developments and financing transactions, including Palmas del Mar, Sheraton Old San Juan and the Dorado Ritz Reserve Hotel and branded residences. She has also served as counsel on several corporate reorganizations, commercial loan acquisitions, industrial warehouse conveyances, commercial lease negotiations and condominium administration issues.
Ms. Román has participated as a speaker in various seminars, including one sponsored by the Corporate Law Commission of the Puerto Rico Bar Association regarding the amendments to the Secured Transactions chapter of the Puerto Rico Commercial Transactions Act.
While in college, Ms. Román-Orozco received the Best Finance Student Award and the All-American Scholar Award for June 2005 and a nomination for January 2006. In law school, she received the Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges Award for the years 2007 and 2008.
- Serving as part of the team of counsels on the acquisition of several industrial warehouses in the metropolitan area with a total asset value of $134 million.
- Serving as part of the team of real estate counsels on the reorganization of various shopping centers with a total asset value of over $225 million.
- Bank counsel on several commercial financing transactions granted by various financing institutions, including serving as local counsel in a refinancing transaction of low housing income properties with a total loan value of $17,946,000.
- Counsel in the acquisition of and continue as corporate counsel to a manufacturing plant in Puerto Rico.
- Prepared several deeds related to utilities easements and restrictive covenants to be constituted upon an industrial park located in San Juan.
- Notary in the preparation and authorization of several estate planning documents, including complex deeds of Will and deeds of Trust, and in estate liquidation proceedings, including deeds of Inventory, deeds of partial liquidation of inheritance, private liquidation agreements, and a deed of Legate Payment Letter (carta de pago de legado).
- Local counsel and notary to deeds of prenuptial agreement of high net worth individuals, including agreements valid under the Uniform Premarital Agreement Act.
- Estate Counsel in legal proceedings before the courts, including petitions for repudiation of inheritance and legalization of holograph will, and Exequatur petitions for validation of probate proceedings from other States.
News & Publications
- An McV Corporate AlertJuly 10, 2020
- An McV Real Estate & Finance AlertMay 5, 2020
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
B.S.B.A, Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico - Mayagüez Campus, 2006
J.D., Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico Law School, 2009
Certified Legal Specialty
- Civil Law Notary
Puerto Rico Bar Association
Golden Key International Honor Society