Mr. Rodríguez, who joined the Firm in 1974, practices in the areas of tax exemption, general corporate and government contracts.
He has negotiated and re-negotiated dozens of grants of tax exemption for companies owned by U.S., European and Puerto Rican entities, including Johnson & Johnson, Schering-Plough, Medtronic, Harvey Hubbell, Astra-Zeneca (U.K.), Aventis (France) and MOVA (Puerto Rico).
He has also negotiated power purchase agreements with the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority and was local counsel to Ondeo, a subsidiary of Suez, S.A., the French multinational entity, in the successful negotiation of a contract with the Puerto Rico Aqueducts and Sewers Authority for the operation, maintenance and management of Puerto Rico's water and wastewater systems.
He served as Assistant to the Resident Commissioner of Puerto Rico in the U.S. House of Representatives and to the Governor of Puerto Rico during 1971 and 1972.
News & Publications
- An McV Government Affairs AlertNovember 6, 2019
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court declares Succession Law Unconstitutional; Pedro Pierluisi Resigns and Secretary of Justice Wanda Vázquez-Garced Sworn-In as GovernorAn McV Government Affairs AlertAugust 7, 2019
- An McV Government Affairs AlertAugust 5, 2019
- Pedro Pierluisi Sworn-In as New Governor of Puerto Rico; Senate to Hold Confirmation Vote Monday AfternoonAn McV Government Affairs AlertAugust 2, 2019
- An McV Government Affairs AlertJuly 26, 2019
- An McV Corporate AlertDecember 28, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertJuly 19, 2017
- An McV Tax Exemption AlertMarch 17, 2017
- An McV Government Affairs AlertNovember 9, 2016
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico.
B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1964
LL.B., University of Puerto Rico Law School, 1967