Her main areas of practice are corporate and individual income taxes.
Prior to joining McConnell Valdés, she was a Tax Counsel with the Puerto Rico Treasury Department, where she reviewed private letter rulings concerning a broad range of issues including corporate and flow-through entities taxation, tax reorganizations, sales and use tax and other tax matters. Previously she worked as a Senior Tax Manager in Ernst & Young Puerto Rico LLC in the Tax Advisory group, where she dealt with a wide array of tax issues for companies from different industries, including Insurance, Manufacturing and Retail and Distribution, among others.
Ms. Contreras-Gómez is a Certified Public Accountant.
News & Publications
- An McV Tax AlertJuly 5, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertJune 29, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertJune 21, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertMay 18, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertApril 19, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertMarch 21, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertJanuary 9, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertOctober 26, 2016
- An McV Tax AlertOctober 5, 2016
- An McV Tax AlertOctober 4, 2016
- PR Treasury Issues Guidance for Requesting an Additional Extension of the 6% SUT for Pre-Existing AgreementsAn McV Tax AlertJune 13, 2016
- May 6, 2016
- March 8, 2016
- March 1, 2016
- January 7, 2016
- Tax & Retail, January 12, 2015
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
BBA, Suma Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus, 1994.
- Major: Accounting
J.D., University of Puerto Rico Law School, 1997
Puerto Rico Society of Certified Public Accountants