Providing up-to-the-minute accurate tax counseling to a diverse group of business clients, we keep abreast of developments both to help clients plan ahead and prepare for changing sales and use tax reporting requirements and value added tax provisions.
Our clients are merchants and businesses that provide goods and services that are subject to the mandatory Puerto Rico sales and use tax. We work closely with them to help them comply with their sales and use tax obligations. Should a dispute arise, we staunchly advocate on their behalf before the Puerto Rico Department of the Treasury, and municipal taxing authorities.
Chambers & Partners Latin America commends our “excellent” tax attorneys for their “impeccable” guidance. A number of our team members are also CPAs, training which gives them an invaluable perspective on sales and use tax issues.
What We Do
The McConnell Valdés Sales & Use Tax team:
- Counsels clients on SUT provisions and on changes to sales and use tax reporting requirements
- Counsels clients on VAT provisions, implementation and reporting requirements
- Assists clients with filing initial sales and use tax registrations
News & Publications
- An McV Tax AlertJuly 31, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertJune 21, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertOctober 26, 2016
- An McV Tax AlertJune 15, 2016
- PR Treasury Issues Guidance for Requesting an Additional Extension of the 6% SUT for Pre-Existing AgreementsAn McV Tax AlertJune 13, 2016
- An McV Tax AlertJune 3, 2016
- May 6, 2016
- March 8, 2016
- March 1, 2016
- January 7, 2016
- PR Treasury Issues New Guidance on Sales and Use Tax Applicable to ServicesSeptember 2, 2015
- Paper Format Returns No Longer Available for Sales and Use Tax ReportingAugust 3, 2015
Sales & Use Tax Group
- (Practice Leader)