Mr. Fernández-Suárez's practice areas include State and Local Taxation, Tax Exemption, Estate and Gift Taxes and General Tax Litigation.
He has extensive experience in the State and Local Taxation Practice Area, however, of special significance is his contribution to the tax exemption area where he developed a municipal license tax exemption practice that has helped numerous clients obtain significant benefits at the municipal level, contributing to the decision of expanding or establishing operations in Puerto Rico.
Mr. Fernández-Suárez offers numerous seminars on tax subject for the members of the Puerto Rico Manufacturer's Association where he is also a member of its Tax Committee, and also provides seminars on Estate Planning to select groups of clients.
He has contributed in numerous occasions to the McV Newsletter with articles in the Excise, Property and Municipal License Tax Area. He is presently working in publishing an article in connection with administrative procedures at the municipal level, and before the Center for the Collection of Municipal Revenues and the Treasury Department.
News & Publications
- An McV Tax Litigation AlertJune 28, 2018
- An McV Tax AlertApril 25, 2018
- An McV Tax AlertNovember 3, 2017
- An McV Tax Litigation AlertAugust 24, 2017
- An McV Tax Exemption AlertMarch 17, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertJanuary 9, 2017
- March 8, 2016
- March 1, 2016
- January 7, 2016
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center
- Major: Taxation
J.D., University of Puerto Rico Law School
Puerto Rico Bar Association