Mr. Escudero’s practice includes advice in structuring commercial transactions, purchase and sale of businesses, as well as corporate reorganizations; he also advises businesses and individuals with regard to the operation, expansion and transfers of their businesses.
He counsels individuals on estate planning, wills, trusts and wealth preservation including asset protection trusts. He has worked on numerous green field development of real estate for the establishment of manufacturing facilities.
Mr. Escudero was a member of the drafting committees of the 1995 and 2009 General Corporations Law of Puerto Rico and teaches pro bono the Corporations Law and Legal Research and Drafting courses at the University of Puerto Rico School of Law.
He served as the Firm’s Managing Partner for twelve years and is Treasurer of McV Consulting, Inc., an affiliate of the Firm engaged in real estate and hospitality advisory services.
He has been ranked as one of Puerto Rico’s Leading Attorneys in the Corporate/Commercial field by the international publication Chambers & Partners in both its Global and its Latin America Guide and is also ranked in the Corporate and M&A Law field of The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico guide.
He is a member of “Academia Puertorriqueña de Jurisprudencia y Legislación de Puerto Rico,” and chairs the Corporations Law Committee and co-chairs the Trusts Legislation Committee.
News & Publications
- An McV AlertOctober 18, 2016
- June 7, 2016
- April 7, 2016
- December 3, 2015
- 17 McV Attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico© 2016September 11, 2015
- McV serves as local counsel in Sears Holdings Corporation’s $2.7 billion transactionJuly 8, 2015
- Twenty-six McV Attorneys Recognized in Chambers & Partners Latin America GuideJune 22, 2015
- June 18, 2015
- Fifth Round of Amendments Easing Cuba Sanctions Regulations Issued Prior to President Obama’s Historic Trip to CubaMarch 16, 2016
- An McV Corporate AlertMarch 11, 2016
- Amendments Ease Financing Rules on Exports and Further Facilitate Travel to CubaJanuary 28, 2016
- December 3, 2015
- Cuba Practice Team, September 21, 2015
- Cuba Practice Team, July 1, 2015
- Cuba Practice Team, January 15, 2015
- Obama Administration Charts a New Course for U.S. - Cuba RelationsDecember 23, 2014
Chairman, Pro-Bono Committee
Leader, Trusts & Estates Practice Team
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- District of Columbia
- New York
B.S., Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
- Major: Economics
J.D., Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico Law School
Certified Legal Specialty
- Civil Law Notary
American Bar Association