Ms. Corrada has nearly 20 years of experience in Environmental Law. She regularly provides counseling to clients on permitting, enforcement and compliance with environmental and land use laws and regulations.
She began her career in the public service, in the Puerto Rico Environmental Quality Board, where she assisted the Air Quality Area in drafting and enacting amendments to air regulation which would allow enforcing the Clean Air Act's Title V, and adopting the State Implementation Plan in order to achieve attainment for PM10.
As the Environmental Unit of the Commonwealth's Department of Justice, she drafted the Attorney General Statements required for the approval of local environmental regulations enforcing federal standards, and provided legal advice in administrative federal proceedings brought against agencies due to alleged violations to federal environmental statutes and regulations such as the Toxic Substances Control Act and the Water Pollution Control Act, and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act.
She regularly represented local agencies in court proceedings, including injunctive remedies filed in relation to environmental and land use issues, drafted legislation for fund allocation and coordinated transactional negotiations, including complex cases such as a CERCLA case for the remediation of a Superfund Site involving several local agencies and residents' relocation. She also assisted in drafting the fist Oil Pollution Act Claim presented to the Coast Guard. Later, as Advisor to the Governor of Puerto Rico in the Areas of Natural Resources, Environment and Infrastructure, Ms. Corrada was the Liaison between the Governor's Office, Commonwealth and federal agencies, public interest groups, private companies and the academia for all matters within her scope of supervision.
Upon moving to the private practice, Ms. Corrada has advised companies and individuals on permitting and compliance issues related to federal and local environmental laws and regulations as applicable to their operations and activities.
News & Publications
- McV serves as local counsel in Liberty Global’s acquisition of Choice Cable TVDecember 10, 2014
- An McV Environmental & Land Use AlertApril 18, 2017
- An McV Environmental & Land Use AlertMarch 8, 2017
- An McV Energy AlertFebruary 24, 2017
- An McV Environmental & Land Use AlertFebruary 15, 2017
- An McV Energy AlertSeptember 27, 2016
- Act 133-2016 Brings Important Changes to the Net Metering Program, and Paves the Way for Community Solar and MicrogridsAn McV Energy AlertAugust 25, 2016
- An McV Energy AlertJuly 14, 2016
- Adoption of Regulation No. 8750 for the Certification of Operators of Water and Wastewater Systems and/or Treatment PlantsAn McV Environmental AlertJuly 14, 2016
- DNER Reschedules Public Hearings and Extends Comment Period for the Proposed Amendments to the Maritime Terrestrial Zone RegulationEnvironmental, September 15, 2015
- Environmental, January 19, 2015
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
B.A., Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico, 1986
- Major: Political Science
J.D., University of Puerto Rico School of Law, 1990