Adoption of Regulation No. 8750 for the Certification of Operators of Water and Wastewater Systems and/or Treatment Plants
An McV Environmental Alert
On May 17, 2016, the Examining Board of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators of the Puerto Rico Department of State (the“ Board”) adopted the Regulation No. 8750, known as the Regulation for the Certification of Operators of Water and Wastewater Systems and/or Treatment Plants (the “Regulation”), which vacated Regulation No. 6530, of identical name. The Regulation became effective on June 17, 2016.
The following are the most significant changes introduced in the Regulation from its previous version:
• The provisional license for System Operators will no longer be issued.
• Applicants for any type of the licenses issued under the Regulation will now have to include as part of their application package, a negative certification from the Puerto Rico Child Support Administration (known as “ASUME” in Spanish).
• The new qualifications for Operator I excludes educational equivalence in lieu of experience.
• The new educational qualifications for Operators II, III and IV doubles the amount of credits required in the previous regulation.
• The passing score required to obtain the license for any of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator categories increased in five (5) points.
The content of this McV Alert has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended as, and does not constitute, either legal advice or solicitation of any prospective client. An attorney-client relationship with McConnell Valdés LLC cannot be formed by reading or responding to this McV Alert. Such a relationship may be formed only by express agreement with McConnell Valdés LLC.