Our Securities Litigation & Arbitration Team, unique to the Puerto Rico legal market, is well recognized by its industry insight, legal acumen, and broad experience in financial dispute resolution.
The team is highly respected in Puerto Rico for their approach in effectively advocating for clients in this highly complex arena, including:
- Arbitrations at the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Proceedings and investigations before the Puerto Rico Office of the Commissioner of Financial Institutions (OCIF)
- High profile securities cases involving individual and class actions filed by investors in Puerto Rico and federal courts
Our work also includes representing financial institutions in matters related to common and preferred stock, mutual funds, municipal bonds and other securities.
The team includes lawyers and litigators ranked among Puerto Rico’s leading attorneys by Chambers and Partners in both its Global and Latin American Guides and listed among The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico 2016.
What We Do
The McConnell Valdés Securities Litigation & Arbitration team defends clients in arbitrations and court cases involving:
- Individual claims
- Complex product and other mass actions
- Misrepresentation and fraud
- Unauthorized transactions
- Negligent supervision
- Product failure