Our Securities Litigation & Arbitration Practice Team, unique to the Puerto Rico legal market, is well recognized by its industry insight, legal acumen and broad experience in financial dispute resolution and regulatory investigation and counseling.
Our attorneys are highly respected in Puerto Rico for their effective advocacy in this complex area, including:
- Arbitrations and investigations before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Class actions and individual cases filed by investors in Federal and Puerto Rico courts
- Investigations and quasi-judicial proceedings before the Puerto Rico Office of the Commissioner of Financial Institutions (OCFI)
Our team in this area has represented broker-dealers, investment companies, trust companies and brokers in disputes and investigations concerning an array of matters and investment products. Our attorneys have vast experience defending clients in cases involving:
- Class actions
- Complex product claims
- Misrepresentation and fraud
- Unauthorized transactions
- Negligent supervision
- Product failure
They have successfully handled disputes involving mutual funds, Puerto Rico and U.S. bonds, common and preferred shares, corporate notes, annuities and other types of securities. The group includes attorneys ranked among Puerto Rico’s leading practitioners by Chambers and Partners and by Best Lawyers.
Securities Litigation & Arbitration Group
- (Practice Leader)