Mr. Mayoral acts as lead counsel in a wide range of banking, securities, and insurance acquisitions, and on regulatory applications to federal and Puerto Rico banking agencies. His practice is concentrated in banking, financial, and insurance regulatory matters, as an advisor for banks and other financial institutions (including international banking entities doing business in Puerto Rico), and insurance companies and producers. He has also acted as lead counsel in a wide range of corporate transactions, including commercial real estate acquisitions and securities offerings.
From 1991 until he joined the firm in June 1994, Mr. Mayoral was the Director of the Legal Division of Popular, Inc. Prior to this he served as Legal Counsel to Banco de Ponce from 1982 until its merger with Banco Popular in 1990.
From 1990 until 1994 Mr. Mayoral was a member of the Puerto Rico Bar Examination Board and an Associate Professor on Banking Law at the Interamerican University School of Law in 1993 and 1994.
Mr. Mayoral has consistently been ranked as one of Puerto Rico’s Leading Attorneys in the Corporate/Commercial field by the renowned international publication Chambers & Partners in its Latin America Guide. He is also ranked in the Corporate and M&A field of The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico guide.
News & Publications
- McV NewsAugust 28, 2017
- An McV AlertOctober 18, 2016
- June 7, 2016
- 17 McV Attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico© 2016September 11, 2015
- Twenty-six McV Attorneys Recognized in Chambers & Partners Latin America GuideJune 22, 2015
- An McV Corporate & Health Care AlertJune 20, 2018
- An McV Government Affairs & Financial Institutions Practice Team AlertJune 14, 2018
- An McV Corporate AlertDecember 28, 2017
- An McV Corporate AlertDecember 27, 2017
- An McV International & Cross Border Transactions AlertDecember 11, 2017
- An McV Corporate AlertNovember 30, 2017
- An McV Corporate AlertNovember 29, 2017
- An McV Tax AlertJuly 19, 2017
- An McV Corporate AlertJune 22, 2016
- An McV Corporate AlertMarch 11, 2016
Leader, Financial Institutions Practice Team
Leader, Insurance Practice Team
Member, Pro Bono Committee
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
B.A., Johns Hopkins University, 1978
J.D., University of Puerto Rico Law School, 1981
Certified Legal Specialty
- Civil Law Notary
Puerto Rico Bar Association
American Bar Association, Business Law Section
Puerto Rico Notarial Bar Association