She focuses her practice on pre-litigation counseling and representation of employers in a broad range of employment-related litigation, including terminations, employment discrimination, wage and hour, harassment, retaliation, compensation, employment leaves, restrictive covenants, plant closings, onboardings, trade secrets and confidentiality agreements.
Ms. Marín-Catalá has successfully represented employers in cases involving discrimination based on sexual orientation. She has also given seminars and handled a wide array of consultations regarding sexual orientation and gender identity-based discrimination in the workplace, as well as workplace bullying.
Prior to joining McConnell Valdés, she worked as an associate in the labor and employment department at another San Juan law firm where she counseled clients regarding the implementation of labor and employment practices and procedures; reviewed and drafted contracts, confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements and settlements, as well as company manuals and policy handbooks; analyzed potential and actual labor and employment disputes for clients to provide concrete advice and develop both resolution and litigation plans to address such situations; conducted extensive legal research and drafted briefs, motions and legal memoranda; and actively participated in labor and employment related litigation on behalf of clients in both state and federal courts as well as the Department of Labor and other administrative forums.
She also has experience working on commercial litigation matters, including breach of contracts, collection of monies and foreclosures, and insurance claims in both state and federal courts.
News & Publications
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertMarch 7, 2023
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertOctober 5, 2022
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertOctober 4, 2022
- Puerto Rico Secretary of Labor Issues Opinions to Clarify Act 41-2022 Provisions on Vacation and Sick Leave for Part Timers and the law’s Applicability of Special Treatment for Small EmployersAn McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJuly 20, 2022
- Financial Oversight & Management Board for Puerto Rico requests the Governor of Puerto Rico to suspend implementation and enforcement of Act 41-2022; Governor acknowledges request for additional information but refuses to suspend implementation of ActAn McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJuly 20, 2022
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJuly 11, 2022
- An McV Labor & Employment Law AlertJune 22, 2022
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
B.S, Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus
JD, University of Puerto Rico School of Law
Certified Legal Specialty
- Civil Law Notary