Ms. Boyles’ primary practice area is corporate law, focusing on general corporate transactional matters, corporate governance, commencement of operations and mergers and acquisitions. She has represented banks, commercial finance companies and other institutional lenders with respect to secured transactions, commercial lending and asset-based financing. Ms. Boyles’ practice also includes government affairs and public policy matters.
Prior to joining McConnell Valdés, Ms. Boyles practiced law in the continental United States at Vedder Price and Schwartz (acquired by Dykema). While in Chicago, she was appointed by the Illinois Governor to serve as a Board Director of the Illinois Finance Authority, where she spearheaded and chaired the Diversity Committee.
Beyond her legal practice, Ms. Boyles is Secretary and member to the Board of Directors of the Luis G. Fortuño Foundation. She is founding member of the initiative “Are We There Yet?”, which promotes the advancement of women leaders to top management positions and advocates for gender parity in Puerto Rico.
During her tenure at McConnell Valdés, Ms. Boyles has participated in the legal team handling the following key transactions:
- Served as counsel for a leading advertising and marketing services global network in the reorganization and purchase of a local advertising agency and its affiliates.
- Served as local counsel for a corporate restructuring of a leading producer of chocolate and sugar confectionery.
- Acted as counsel to a hospitality developer in connection with financing arrangements, including subordinated debt facilities, for a major hotel development in Puerto Rico.
- Served as counsel to a local advertising agency regarding operative agreements, financing matters, vendor contractual matters and corporate governance.
- Acted as underwriters counsel in the $152 million P.R. Public Building Authority's Government Facilities Revenue Refunding Bonds.
- Acted as bond counsel in the $1.4 billion Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico 2009 Series C and D public offering.
- Served as local counsel in a worldwide financing facility for a global retailer of premium brands.
- Served as counsel in the sale of a pharmaceutical facility.
- Served as government affairs/lobbying representative for a leading business software and hardware technology company.
News & Publications
- An McV Government Affairs AlertNovember 6, 2019
- An McV Recovery Financing Practice Team AlertAugust 29, 2019
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court declares Succession Law Unconstitutional; Pedro Pierluisi Resigns and Secretary of Justice Wanda Vázquez-Garced Sworn-In as GovernorAn McV Government Affairs AlertAugust 7, 2019
- An McV Government Affairs AlertAugust 5, 2019
- Pedro Pierluisi Sworn-In as New Governor of Puerto Rico; Senate to Hold Confirmation Vote Monday AfternoonAn McV Government Affairs AlertAugust 2, 2019
- An McV Government Affairs AlertJuly 26, 2019
- May 30, 2019
- An McV Recovery Financing Practice Team AlertMarch 1, 2019
- An Energy & Government Affairs AlertMarch 13, 2018
- An McV Government Affairs AlertFebruary 14, 2018
- An McV Government Affairs and Energy AlertJanuary 23, 2018
- An McV Government Affairs AlertJanuary 15, 2018
- An McV Corporate AlertDecember 28, 2017
- An McV Corporate AlertDecember 27, 2017
- An McV International & Cross Border Transactions AlertDecember 11, 2017
- An McV Corporate AlertNovember 30, 2017
- An McV Corporate AlertNovember 29, 2017
- An McV Government Affairs AlertNovember 8, 2017
- An McV Government Affairs AlertNovember 1, 2017
- An McV Government Affairs AlertNovember 9, 2016
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
B.S., S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications of Syracuse University
- Major: Advertising and Marketing
M.B.A., Kellogg Graduate School of Management
- Major: Finance
J.D. , Northwestern University School of Law
- Concentration: Business Enterprise
American Bar Association