Since making history in 1994 with the Teodoro Moscoso Bridge – built as the first public-private partnership in Puerto Rico -- McConnell Valdés has been a leader in developing public-private partnerships for high-profile infrastructure projects. From toll roads to alternative solar and wind power energy projects, our full-service Infrastructure/Private-Public Partnerships Practice group regularly counsels clients involved in Puerto Rico’s most significant P3 projects.
We have built an exceptional track record by helping clients successfully develop, build, finance, operate, and maintain major infrastructure projects. McConnell Valdés lawyers again made history when they represented an Albertis/Goldman Sachs consortium that was awarded a long-term concession to operate and maintain two major toll roads. This $1 billion transaction was the first public-private partnership established under the Puerto Rico Public Private Partnerships Act of 2009.
Drawing on their extensive experience in project finance and complex P3 transactions, our lawyers have also represented clients that include a potential bidder for the Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport on a P3 project, as well as management of major entertainment venues, such as the Coliseo de Puerto Rico and the Puerto Rico Convention Center. We also advised in the formation of the Puerto Rico P3 Association and continue serving as its counsel.
- We serve our clients by helping them with:
- Analysis of RFQ’s and RFPs
- Due diligence of all factual and legal aspects of transactions
- Drafting and negotiating of P3 agreements
- Assist with transaction tax planning and structuring
- Establishing operations of new corporate entity designed to operate a P3, including all commencement filings
- Counsel on employment and environmental/land use law issues
News & Publications
- McV NewsJuly 11, 2017
- An McV Corporate AlertNovember 30, 2017
- Expedited Process of Act 76-2000 for the Evaluation and Permitting of Infrastructure Projects ApprovedAn McV Environmental & Land Use AlertJuly 14, 2017