- James D. Noël featured guest speaker in the Puerto Rico College of Health Services Administrators’ ConferenceMay 24, 2016
- May 3, 2016
- May 3, 2016
- April 28, 2016
- April 13, 2016
- April 7, 2016
McV announces the establishment of the McConnell Valdés/Antonio Escudero Viera Scholarship Program to mark the Firm's 70th Anniversary
- April 6, 2016
Proudly celebrating our 70th Anniversary
- March 1, 2016
McV is proud to share with you McV in the Community, a publication highlighting some of the accomplishments of our social responsibility initiatives during 2015.
- Court of First Instance Dismisses Complaint for Discrimination Based on Retailer’s Online Shipping PolicyFebruary 18, 2016
The Court of First Instance, San Juan Part, issued a judgment dismissing with prejudice a complaint for discrimination based on race and national origin filed against one of our retail clients based on its policy not to offer shipping of online purchases to postal addresses in Puerto Rico or for pickup at its Puerto Rico stores.
- McConnell Valdés mourns the loss of Rudy Torruella, who passed away on February 7, 2016.February 10, 2016
McConnell Valdés mourns the loss of Rudy Torruella, who passed away on February 7, 2016.
- December 3, 2015
- Intellectual Property News, October 26, 2015
Dora Peñagarícano invited by Puerto Rico’s Department of State as speaker in the “Intellectual Property and Trademark Protection in Social Media” workshop.
- September 28, 2015
A group of representatives from Puerto Rico’s private and public sectors, including McV's Francisco J. Pavía, met last week with Spanish businesses to present Puerto Rico as an investment opportunity.
- Three McV attorneys teach review courses for the Federal Bar examSeptember 23, 2015
Three McV attorneys teach review courses for the Federal Bar exam
- PREPA seeks Private PartnersSeptember 14, 2015
PREPA seeks Private Partners
- September 14, 2015
Giving back is part of what we do at McV
- 17 McV Attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico© 2016September 11, 2015
17 McV Attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico© 2016
- Puerto Rico's Fiscal and Economic Growth Plan PublishedSeptember 9, 2015
Puerto Rico's Fiscal and Economic Growth Plan Published
- First Circuit decides that recipes are not subject to copyright protectionAugust 26, 2015
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit confirms the District Court’s dismissal on all grounds of a Complaint filed alleging copyright infringement of a recipe and fraudulent registration of a trademark.
- Pro Bono Program Recognizes Work of its AttorneysAugust 20, 2015
Pro Bono Program recognizes work of its attorneys at luncheon featuring the Honorable David Bernier Rivera, Secretary of State for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, as guest speaker.
- Important Ruling Concerning Right to Jury Trial in Civil Cases before Puerto Rico CourtsAugust 18, 2015
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit issues a per curiam opinion holding that Puerto Rico is “not constitutionally required to provide a jury trial in civil cases.”
- Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team in the News: NotiUnoAugust 13, 2015
NotiUno's Enrique "Kike" Cuz interviews Arturo J. García, María Domínguez, and Juan A. Marqués in his program "Análisis 630" on August 12th, 2015.
- Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team in the News: Caribbean BusinessAugust 13, 2015
The Caribbean Business interviews the Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team on its August 13th , 2015 issue.
- Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team in the News: El Nuevo DíaAugust 13, 2015
El Nuevo Día interviews the Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team on its August 12th, 2015 issue.
- Labor & Employment Law Roundtable Discussion held today at McVJuly 30, 2015
Alfredo Hopgood-Jovet and Sonia Montes, President of the Puerto Rico Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM-PR), present recommendations for changes to labor laws in Puerto Rico.
- U.S Court of Appeals Clarifies Application of the Puerto Rico Dealers’ Act Statute of LimitationsJuly 22, 2015
U.S Court of Appeals Clarifies Application of the Puerto Rico Dealers’ Act Statute of Limitations
- Dora Peñagarícano discusses impact of DACO’s new Advertising RegulationsJuly 21, 2015
Dora Peñagarícano discusses impact of DACO’s new Advertising Regulations with advertising executives and pharmacy owners.
- McV Labor Attorneys Speakers in Upcoming SHRM Annual ConferenceJuly 9, 2015
- McV serves as local counsel in Sears Holdings Corporation’s $2.7 billion transactionJuly 8, 2015
McV serves as local counsel in Sears Holdings Corporation’s transaction with Seritage Growth Properties
- María Domínguez Joins McVJuly 6, 2015
María Domínguez, Former First Assistant U.S. Attorney in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in San Juan joins McV as Litigation Counsel
- Twenty-six McV Attorneys Recognized in Chambers & Partners Latin America GuideJune 22, 2015
Twenty-six McV Attorneys Recognized in Chambers & Partners 2016 Latin America Guide; Firm Short Listed as Law Firm of the Year.
- June 19, 2015
Arturo J. García-Solá to lead Lex Mundi's New Managing Partners’ Workshop in New York.
- June 18, 2015
- June 2, 2015
Jorge Ruiz-Montilla appointed to the Board of Directors of the Ricky Martin Foundation.
- May 19, 2015
McConnell Valdés sponsors the Puerto Rico Investment Summit – LATAM Edition; Francisco J. Pavía featured as one of the main speakers on the Federal Visas for investors.
- Nine McV Attorneys PromotedMay 11, 2015
- McV serves as local counsel in Liberty Global’s acquisition of Choice Cable TVDecember 10, 2014
McConnell Valdés serves as local counsel in Liberty Global’s $272.5 million acquisition of the Island’s second-largest cable operator, Choice Cable TV.
- Retailers Ordered to Pay Damages to TOUS in Counterfeit SuitDecember 8, 2014
U.S. Federal Court issues judgment against 37 defendants ordering them to pay $25,000.00 each to Spanish jeweler TOUS.
- December 1, 2014
Isis Carballo-Irigoyen, Co-Chair of the Tax Practice Group to participate as panelist at the 2nd Annual Women of ALPFA Dinner.
- New Tax AttorneysNovember 18, 2014
Carlos J. Villafañe and Mariana Contreras join the Tax Practice Group.
- McConnell Valdés launches Tax Litigation Practice TeamNovember 5, 2014
McConnell Valdés launched today a Tax Litigation Practice Team, setting the Firm apart from other law firm tax groups in Puerto Rico.
- October 23, 2014
Groundbreaking for Puerto Rico’s fourth Hyatt branded select service hotel announced.
- McV Attorneys Recognized in Chambers Global GuideOctober 21, 2014
Nine McV attorneys recognized as Leaders in their Field in the 2015 edition of Chambers Global.
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court dismisses 93 penalties against Toys "R" Us.October 17, 2014
Puerto Rico Supreme Court dismisses 93 penalties against Toys "R" Us.
- October 14, 2014
Carlos Fernández-Lugo to participate in the upcoming Puerto Rico Power Fair
- October 8, 2014
McConnell Valdés Consulting, PRISA Group and Hyatt Hotels Corporation announce the opening of Hyatt House San Juan.
- Alfredo Hopgood-Jovet Keynote Speaker at SHRM's 2014 ConfereceOctober 2, 2014
Alfredo Hopgood-Jovet Keynote Speaker at SHRM's 2014 Conference
- September 25, 2014
Attorney Dora Peñagarícano invited as guest speaker in important Intellectual Property seminars this October.
- New Capital Members electedSeptember 25, 2014
- August 7, 2014
The content of this McV Alert has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended as, and does not constitute, either legal advice or solicitation of any prospective client. An attorney-client relationship with McConnell Valdés LLC cannot be formed by reading or responding to this McV Alert. Such a relationship may be formed only by express agreement with McConnell Valdés LLC.