On April 14, 2020, the Puerto Rico Permits Management Office (Oficina de Gerencia de Permisos or "OGPe” for its Spanish acronym) issued Administrative Order OGPe 2020-07 pursuant to which, among other actions, OGPe:
- Formally stays the deadlines in any administrative and regulatory proceedings, such as permit applications, correction filings, and adjudications, pending before the agency from and including March 16, 2020, through May 3, 2020. That is, any deadlines falling between March 16, 2020 and May 3, 2020, in administrative proceedings or pursuant to specific permits were stayed through May 3, 2020;
- Renders ineffective all proceedings that may have been automatically dismissed between March 16, 2020, through May 3, 2020;
- Extends all permit renewals supposed to be applied for between March 16, 2020, through May 3, 2020; renewals may now be requested until May 10, 2020;
- Cancels all hearings scheduled between March 16, 2020, through May 3, 2020, which are to be rescheduled at later dates; and
- Allows the ruling on applications or requests in a limited manner through the Single Business Portal; applicants can contact OGPe personnel through the chat tool of the Single Business Portal platform or via email; and the email addresses of several OGPe representatives are included in the Administrative Order.
The content of this McV Alert has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended as, and does not constitute, either legal advice or solicitation of any prospective client. An attorney-client relationship with McConnell Valdés LLC cannot be formed by reading or responding to this McV Alert. Such a relationship may be formed only by express agreement with McConnell Valdés LLC.