Mr Casellas has over 25 years of experience in various corporate and financing matters, including project development and finance, commercial lending and structured finance, real estate and mergers and acquisitions.
He has acted as counsel for various financial institutions in commercial lending and structured finance transactions. Some of his recent transactions include acting as counsel for Autopistas Metropolitanas de Puerto Rico, LLC in the financing of the PR-22 toll road concession, the first PPP project under the new Puerto Rico Public Private Partnership Act and counsel for a potential bidder for the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport on a PPP project.
Mr. Casellas is consistently ranked as one of Puerto Rico’s Leading Attorneys in the Real Estate and the Corporate/Commercial fields by the renowned international publication Chambers & Partners in both its Global and its Latin America Guides. He is also ranked in the Banking & Finance Law, the Project Finance and Development Practice, the Real Estate Law and the Structured Finance Law fields of The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico guide.
Prior to joining the firm he clerked for the Chief Justice of Puerto Rico, Hon. Victor Pons from 1986 to 1987 and for Hon. Juan R. Torruella, Circuit Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
He is a Fellow of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys and a member of the Board of Directors of Fundación Luis Muñoz Marín.
News & Publications
- McV NewsAugust 21, 2019
- Best Lawyers® Names McV "Law Firm of the Year" in Environmental Law and Intellectual Property; 26 Attorneys RecognizedMcV NewsAugust 21, 2018
- McV NewsAugust 28, 2017
- July 14, 2016
- June 7, 2016
- 17 McV Attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico© 2016September 11, 2015
- Twenty-six McV Attorneys Recognized in Chambers & Partners Latin America GuideJune 22, 2015
- An McV Corporate AlertJuly 8, 2020
- An McV Real Estate & Finance AlertMay 5, 2020
- An McV Financial Institutions Practice Team AlertApril 14, 2020
- An McV Litigation and Real Estate AlertAugust 23, 2019
- An McV Corporate AlertAugust 7, 2019
- PR Governor Presents Bill to Allow IFEs and IBEs to Offer Commercial Loans; Amendments to Acts 273-2012 and 52-1982 Also IntroducedAn McV Financial Institutions AlertJanuary 30, 2019
- An McV Infrastructure and Public-Private Partnerships Practice Team AlertDecember 19, 2018
- An McV Infrastructure and Private-Public Partnerships AlertNovember 1, 2018
- An McV Government Affairs & Financial Institutions Practice Team AlertJune 14, 2018
- An McV Real Estate & Tax AlertJanuary 24, 2018
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court Rules that a Foreclosure Judgment could be Null and Void if the Case was Not Mediated FirstAn McV Bankruptcy & Debt Restructuring AlertOctober 21, 2016
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals First Circuit
B.B.A., Georgetown University, 1982
J.D., Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico Law School, 1985
Master's Degree in Law, Columbia Law School, 1988
Puerto Rico Bar Association
American Bar Association