On May 19, 2020 the U.S. District Court issued an amended Order continuing civil and criminal proceedings.
In summary, the amended Order states that:
- All civil and criminal proceedings requiring live hearings are continued until Monday July 6, 2020.
- Under certain circumstances, felony pleas or sentencings may be held through Video Teleconference (“VTC”) or teleconferencing.
- The Court will continue to use VTC or teleconferences to hold eligible civil and criminal proceedings.
- Judges and magistrates may order counsel to provide, via motion, updates on status of cases.
- Judges may continue to issue case management, dispositive, and non dispositive orders.
- The Court extends the terms and conditions of its Visitor Entry Protocol until July 6, 2020.
- All employees and visitors are required to wear a face mask or face covering while in the courthouse, and this policy will continue to be effective until further notice.
- The Clerk’s Office will continue to be open on a limited schedule of Tuesdays and Fridays, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. During regular business hours, all court employees will telework.
- The Court may issue other orders concerning future continuances as necessary and appropriate.
The content of this McV Alert has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended as, and does not constitute, either legal advice or solicitation of any prospective client. An attorney-client relationship with McConnell Valdés LLC cannot be formed by reading or responding to this McV Alert. Such a relationship may be formed only by express agreement with McConnell Valdés LLC.