We recognize the need for businesses to rely more on the personal data they collect from their customers, the constantly evolving regulatory framework they face, as well as the ever more present threat of becoming targets of data breaches, ransomware and other cyberattacks. As such, our team assists clients to navigate the increasingly complex data privacy and cybersecurity landscape in Puerto Rico.
Our Data Privacy & Cybersecurity attorney team includes corporate lawyers and litigators ranked among Puerto Rico’s leading attorneys by Chambers and Partners in both its Global and Latin American Guides and listed among The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico. They provide advice on the local and federal statutory and regulatory framework covering data privacy, consumer protection, records retention, cybersecurity and digital crimes. They also provide compliance and litigation counseling to clients in a wide range of industries including banking and financial services, fintech, health care, commercial retail, marketing and advertisement, hospitality, and non-profit and charitable institutions.
What we do:
Our Data Privacy & Cybersecurity team:
- Advises clients on local and federal requirements regarding the collection, management, processing, and storage of personal protected information belonging to individuals.
- Assists clients in addressing potential and actual data breaches and other cybersecurity issues.
- Informs clients of cybersecurity protective measures required for their industry.
- Coordinates cybersecurity investigations and reports with experts in the field.
- Offers data privacy and cybersecurity seminars for our clients and their staff.
News & Publications
- McV Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice Team NewsOctober 17, 2022