Our ability to think ahead lead us to create a Cuba Practice Team over 20 years ago. We have assisted many clients with the registration of their trademarks in Cuba - which is permitted under current regulations of the Cuban Sanctions Program overseen by the Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
We have also provided legal opinions to clients related to international commerce transactions concerning the application of the Cuba Sanctions Program to exports to Cuba by U.S. subsidiaries of international corporations and to intellectual property matters, particularly trademark infringements.
Although the U.S. embargo against Cuba remains in place, since December 2014 we have advised clients on the revised regulations and the new opportunities that have emerged as a result of this significant change in U.S.- Cuba relations.
The group is composed of attorneys representing diverse legal practices . The principal goal is to assist our clients in understanding the present legal restrictions affecting United States individuals and entities in doing business in Cuba and preparing our clients for the day when such restrictions are lifted.
News & Publications
- McV Cuba Practice Team AlertSeptember 17, 2019
- An McV Cuba Practice Team AlertNovember 17, 2017
- An McV Cuba Practice Team AlertJune 23, 2017
- Fifth Round of Amendments Easing Cuba Sanctions Regulations Issued Prior to President Obama’s Historic Trip to CubaMarch 16, 2016
- Amendments Ease Financing Rules on Exports and Further Facilitate Travel to CubaJanuary 28, 2016
- Cuba Practice Team, September 21, 2015
- Cuba Practice Team, July 1, 2015
- Cuba Practice Team, January 15, 2015
- Obama Administration Charts a New Course for U.S. - Cuba RelationsDecember 23, 2014