On October 31, 2018, the Puerto Rico Public-Private Partnerships Authority (“P3 Authority”), in collaboration with the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (“PREPA”) issued Request for Qualifications No. RFQ 2018-2 (“RFQ”). The RFQ seeks to obtain Statements of Qualifications (“SOQs”) from companies and consortia interested in managing and operating Puerto Rico’s electric power transmission and distribution (“T&D”) system, including the administration of federal disaster recovery funds, pursuant to a long term public-private partnership agreement (“P3 Agreement”).
The P3 Authority and PREPA seek to achieve the following objectives for the T&D system:
- Deliver low-cost electricity to ratepayers;
- Increase the resiliency of the T&D system;
- Increase the reliability of the T&D system;
- Deploy new technologies; and
- Exercise industry best-practices and operational excellence
The objective of the RFQ is to identify qualified respondents that are eligible to receive Request for Proposals (“RFP”) from the P3 Authority. Under the RFQ, interested parties must meet minimum requirements necessary to carry out the management and operation of the T&D system which include: experience operating a large electric utility, financial strength and capital resources, with significant access to the capital markets, and strong technical expertise, with a track record of high-quality operations.
Below are relevant dates related to the RFQ:
- November 14, 2018: Deadline for the submission of Request for Clarification (“RFC”).
- November 20, 2018: Deadline for the P3 Authority to release responses to RFCs.
- December 5, 2018: Deadline for the submission of SOQs (no later than 5:00 pm AST)
- January 16, 2019: Preliminary date for notification of qualified respondents.
You can find copy of the RFQ here.
The content of this McV Alert has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended as, and does not constitute, either legal advice or solicitation of any prospective client. An attorney-client relationship with McConnell Valdés LLC cannot be formed by reading or responding to this McV Alert. Such a relationship may be formed only by express agreement with McConnell Valdés LLC.