Mr. Novoa-Rodríguez’s main areas of practice include land use regulation, environmental permitting, enforcement and compliance under local and federal statutes and regulations promulgated under the CAA, CWA, NEPA, RCRA and CERCLA.
He has represented clients before federal and local administrative procedures regarding permit applications, compliance orders, administrative fines and other matters before federal and local governmental entities, among them the Environmental Protection Agency, the Environmental Quality Board, the Department of Natural and Environmental Resources, the Puerto Rico Planning Board and the Public Service Commission.
He has taught courses on environmental ethics, public policy and environmental legislation under the Environmental Management Master and Doctoral degree programs of the University of Turabo, in Puerto Rico.
Mr. Novoa-Rodríguez, who is a former student law clerk for Hon. Daniel R. Dominguez of the Federal District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, is member of the Board of Directors of Dorado Academy.
Mr. Novoa-Rodríguez has been involved in multiple real estate transactions working with clients on a broad range of environmental and land use related matters, including assessment of environmental conditions, liabilities and obligations related thereto, and governmental requirements with respect to the activities performed at various sites.
His prior experience includes working as attorney for the Environmental Quality Board of Puerto Rico where he represented the public interest on environmental enforcement actions and litigation related to water pollution, management of hazardous and non-hazardous solid wastes, underground injection control systems, underground storage tanks, remediation, environmental impact statements and compliance with water quality standards, among others.
News & Publications
- Bidder Registration Process Begins for Tranche 2 of the PR Electric Power Authority Integrated Resource PlanAn McV Energy AlertJanuary 18, 2022
- An McV Energy AlertOctober 10, 2022
- An McV Energy & Tax AlertOctober 5, 2022
- An McV Energy AlertJuly 30, 2021
- An McV Energy AlertJuly 28, 2021
- An McV Energy AlertJanuary 5, 2021
- An McV Energy Practice Team AlertOctober 15, 2020
- An McV Environmental & Land Use AlertApril 16, 2020
- An McV Environmental & Land Use AlertApril 2, 2020
- An McV Energy AlertMay 30, 2019
- An McV Energy Practice Team AlertApril 12, 2019
- An McV Energy AlertMarch 19, 2019
- Puerto Rico P3 Authority Issues Request for Public Comments on Transformation of the Electric SystemAn McV Infrastructure & Public-Private Partnerships Practice Team AlertFebruary 4, 2019
- An McV Energy AlertOctober 23, 2018
- An McV Energy AlertAugust 9, 2018
- An McV Energy AlertJuly 11, 2018
- An McV Energy AlertJune 25, 2018
- An McV Energy AlertMay 24, 2018
- Puerto Rico Public-Private Partnerships Authority Publishes Desirability and Convenience Study for Utility Scale Energy Storage SystemsAn McV Energy AlertMay 17, 2018
- McV Environmental & Land Use AlertMarch 15, 2018
- An McV Environmental AlertJanuary 23, 2018
- An McV Energy AlertJanuary 8, 2018
- An McV Environmental & Land Use AlertOctober 11, 2017
- Expedited Process of Act 76-2000 for the Evaluation and Permitting of Infrastructure Projects ApprovedAn McV Environmental & Land Use AlertJuly 14, 2017
- An McV Environmental & Land Use AlertApril 18, 2017
- An McV Environmental & Land Use AlertMarch 8, 2017
- An McV Energy AlertFebruary 24, 2017
- An McV Environmental & Land Use AlertFebruary 15, 2017
- An McV Energy AlertSeptember 27, 2016
- Act 133-2016 Brings Important Changes to the Net Metering Program, and Paves the Way for Community Solar and MicrogridsAn McV Energy AlertAugust 25, 2016
- Adoption of Regulation No. 8750 for the Certification of Operators of Water and Wastewater Systems and/or Treatment PlantsAn McV Environmental AlertJuly 14, 2016
- An McV Energy AlertJuly 14, 2016
- DNER Reschedules Public Hearings and Extends Comment Period for the Proposed Amendments to the Maritime Terrestrial Zone RegulationEnvironmental, September 15, 2015
- Environmental, January 19, 2015
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
B.S., University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, 1999
- Major: Environmental Sciences
J.D., Cum Laude, Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico School of Law, 2002
LL.M., Tulane University School of Law, 2010
- Major: Energy and Environmental Law
Puerto Rico Bar Association
American Bar Association