McV News Archive
- 17 McV Attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico© 2016September 11, 2015
17 McV Attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico© 2016
- Puerto Rico's Fiscal and Economic Growth Plan PublishedSeptember 9, 2015
Puerto Rico's Fiscal and Economic Growth Plan Published
- First Circuit decides that recipes are not subject to copyright protectionAugust 26, 2015
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit confirms the District Court’s dismissal on all grounds of a Complaint filed alleging copyright infringement of a recipe and fraudulent registration of a trademark.
- Pro Bono Program Recognizes Work of its AttorneysAugust 20, 2015
Pro Bono Program recognizes work of its attorneys at luncheon featuring the Honorable David Bernier Rivera, Secretary of State for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, as guest speaker.
- Important Ruling Concerning Right to Jury Trial in Civil Cases before Puerto Rico CourtsAugust 18, 2015
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit issues a per curiam opinion holding that Puerto Rico is “not constitutionally required to provide a jury trial in civil cases.”
- Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team in the News: NotiUnoAugust 13, 2015
NotiUno's Enrique "Kike" Cuz interviews Arturo J. García, María Domínguez, and Juan A. Marqués in his program "Análisis 630" on August 12th, 2015.
- Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team in the News: Caribbean BusinessAugust 13, 2015
The Caribbean Business interviews the Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team on its August 13th , 2015 issue.
- Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team in the News: El Nuevo DíaAugust 13, 2015
El Nuevo Día interviews the Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team on its August 12th, 2015 issue.
- Labor & Employment Law Roundtable Discussion held today at McVJuly 30, 2015
Alfredo Hopgood-Jovet and Sonia Montes, President of the Puerto Rico Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM-PR), present recommendations for changes to labor laws in Puerto Rico.
- U.S Court of Appeals Clarifies Application of the Puerto Rico Dealers’ Act Statute of LimitationsJuly 22, 2015
U.S Court of Appeals Clarifies Application of the Puerto Rico Dealers’ Act Statute of Limitations
- Dora Peñagarícano discusses impact of DACO’s new Advertising RegulationsJuly 21, 2015
Dora Peñagarícano discusses impact of DACO’s new Advertising Regulations with advertising executives and pharmacy owners.
- McV Labor Attorneys Speakers in Upcoming SHRM Annual ConferenceJuly 9, 2015
- McV serves as local counsel in Sears Holdings Corporation’s $2.7 billion transactionJuly 8, 2015
McV serves as local counsel in Sears Holdings Corporation’s transaction with Seritage Growth Properties
- María Domínguez Joins McVJuly 6, 2015
María Domínguez, Former First Assistant U.S. Attorney in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in San Juan joins McV as Litigation Counsel
- Twenty-six McV Attorneys Recognized in Chambers & Partners Latin America GuideJune 22, 2015
Twenty-six McV Attorneys Recognized in Chambers & Partners 2016 Latin America Guide; Firm Short Listed as Law Firm of the Year.
- June 19, 2015
Arturo J. García-Solá to lead Lex Mundi's New Managing Partners’ Workshop in New York.
- June 18, 2015
- June 2, 2015
Jorge Ruiz-Montilla appointed to the Board of Directors of the Ricky Martin Foundation.
- May 19, 2015
McConnell Valdés sponsors the Puerto Rico Investment Summit – LATAM Edition; Francisco J. Pavía featured as one of the main speakers on the Federal Visas for investors.
- Nine McV Attorneys PromotedMay 11, 2015
- McV serves as local counsel in Liberty Global’s acquisition of Choice Cable TVDecember 10, 2014
McConnell Valdés serves as local counsel in Liberty Global’s $272.5 million acquisition of the Island’s second-largest cable operator, Choice Cable TV.
- Retailers Ordered to Pay Damages to TOUS in Counterfeit SuitDecember 8, 2014
U.S. Federal Court issues judgment against 37 defendants ordering them to pay $25,000.00 each to Spanish jeweler TOUS.
- December 1, 2014
Isis Carballo-Irigoyen, Co-Chair of the Tax Practice Group to participate as panelist at the 2nd Annual Women of ALPFA Dinner.
- New Tax AttorneysNovember 18, 2014
Carlos J. Villafañe and Mariana Contreras join the Tax Practice Group.
- McConnell Valdés launches Tax Litigation Practice TeamNovember 5, 2014
McConnell Valdés launched today a Tax Litigation Practice Team, setting the Firm apart from other law firm tax groups in Puerto Rico.
- October 23, 2014
Groundbreaking for Puerto Rico’s fourth Hyatt branded select service hotel announced.
- McV Attorneys Recognized in Chambers Global GuideOctober 21, 2014
Nine McV attorneys recognized as Leaders in their Field in the 2015 edition of Chambers Global.
- Puerto Rico Supreme Court dismisses 93 penalties against Toys "R" Us.October 17, 2014
Puerto Rico Supreme Court dismisses 93 penalties against Toys "R" Us.
- October 14, 2014
Carlos Fernández-Lugo to participate in the upcoming Puerto Rico Power Fair
- October 8, 2014
McConnell Valdés Consulting, PRISA Group and Hyatt Hotels Corporation announce the opening of Hyatt House San Juan.
- Alfredo Hopgood-Jovet Keynote Speaker at SHRM's 2014 ConfereceOctober 2, 2014
Alfredo Hopgood-Jovet Keynote Speaker at SHRM's 2014 Conference
- September 25, 2014
Attorney Dora Peñagarícano invited as guest speaker in important Intellectual Property seminars this October.
- New Capital Members electedSeptember 25, 2014
- August 7, 2014
- Tax Co-Chairs AppointedAugust 5, 2014
- New Appointments AnnouncedJune 11, 2014
Managing Director Arturo J. García-Solá announces new designations.
- Capital Members re-elect Arturo García-Solá as Managing DirectorMay 9, 2014
Arturo J. García-Solá elected to a fourth term as Managing Director of the Firm.
- New Members electedApril 24, 2014
Miguel Rivera -Arce elected Capital Member and Lillian Toro- Mojica and Jorge Rexach-Vaquer elected Income Members, effective June 1, 2014.
- McConnell Valdés highlighted by the 2014 IFLR1000October 21, 2013
McConnell Valdés highlighted as a Top Tier law firm in in the finance and corporate practice areas by the 2014 IFLR1000.
- October 16, 2013
Important victory in FINRA case
- McConnell Valdés Named Puerto Rico Law Firm Of the YearSeptember 10, 2013
The firm was named Puerto Rico’s Law Firm Of the Year Award for the second consecutive year by the prestigious international publication Chambers & Partners in a ceremony held on September 9 in Miami, Florida.
- New Attorneys join the FirmFebruary 28, 2013
Sila M. González-Calderón, Rubén Méndez-Benabe, Luis R. Román-Negrón and Ángel S. Ruiz- Rodríguez join the Firm as Counsel.
The members and personnel of McConnell Valdés LLC mourn the loss of Robert S. Griggs, former Managing Partner of the Firm, who passed away on October 19, 2012.
- McConnell Valdés Named Puerto Rico's Tax Firm Of the YearSeptember 28, 2012
The prestigious international publication International Tax Review presented the Puerto Rico Tax Firm of the Year Award to McConnell Valdés in a ceremony held on September 28, 2012 in New York City.
- McConnell Valdés Wins Puerto Rico Law Firm Of the Year AwardSeptember 18, 2012
The prestigious international publication Chambers & Partners presented the Puerto Rico Law Firm of the Year Award to McConnell Valdés.
The content of this McV Alert has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended as, and does not constitute, either legal advice or solicitation of any prospective client. An attorney-client relationship with McConnell Valdés LLC cannot be formed by reading or responding to this McV Alert. Such a relationship may be formed only by express agreement with McConnell Valdés LLC.