McV News Archive
- McV NewsMay 25, 2017
María Teresa Szendrey-Ramos Joins McV
- Bankruptcy & Debt Restructuring NewsMay 12, 2017
- McV NewsMay 4, 2017
- McV NewsApril 12, 2017
Melba Acosta-Febo Rejoins McConnell Valdés
- McV NewsApril 7, 2017
Marcos Rodríguez-Ema Joins McV as Capital Member
- McV NewsMarch 28, 2017
First McConnell Valdés/Antonio Escudero-Viera Scholarship Program Awards its First Scholarship
- McV Labor & Employment Law NewsMarch 27, 2017
- McV Labor & Employment Law NewsFebruary 3, 2017
- An McV AlertOctober 18, 2016
- October 17, 2016
- Island Hospitality Partners - a partnership led by PRISA Group and McConnell Valdés Consulting Inc. - announce development of 5-acre hospitality and entertainment district in San JuanOctober 13, 2016
- October 11, 2016
- October 7, 2016
- Ricardo J García-Negrón participates as panelist during Grupo Guayacan’s 20th Anniversary ConferenceOctober 3, 2016
- McV Gives Back: Regala un Día 2016September 15, 2016
McV Gives Back: Regala un Día 2016
- September 12, 2016
McV Consulting, PRISA Group and Peachtree Hotel Group Join Forces to Develop Three Florida Hotels
- August 31, 2016
- August 25, 2016
The McConnell Valdés Pro Bono Program celebrates the 10th anniversary of its continuous contribution to the development and strengthening of the nonprofit sector in Puerto Rico.
- Samuel T. Céspedes Jr. speaks about Puerto Rico’s Oversight Board and its interaction with the Puerto Rico government.Corporate NewsAugust 15, 2016
Samuel T. Céspedes Jr. speaks about Puerto Rico’s Oversight Board and its interaction with the Puerto Rico government.
- July 14, 2016
McConnell Valdés Announces Changes in Practice Groups and Committees Management
- McConnell Valdés LLC once again nominated for the Chambers Latin America Puerto Rico Law Firm of the Year AwardJune 22, 2016
- June 21, 2016
- June 7, 2016
26 McV Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Field by Chambers & Partners Latin America
- May 27, 2016
- Gustavo Gelpí appointed to the Rules Advisory Committee for the United States Court of Appeals for the First CircuitMay 24, 2016
- James D. Noël featured guest speaker in the Puerto Rico College of Health Services Administrators’ ConferenceMay 24, 2016
- May 3, 2016
- May 3, 2016
- April 28, 2016
- April 13, 2016
- April 7, 2016
McV announces the establishment of the McConnell Valdés/Antonio Escudero Viera Scholarship Program to mark the Firm's 70th Anniversary
- April 6, 2016
Proudly celebrating our 70th Anniversary
- March 1, 2016
McV is proud to share with you McV in the Community, a publication highlighting some of the accomplishments of our social responsibility initiatives during 2015.
- Court of First Instance Dismisses Complaint for Discrimination Based on Retailer’s Online Shipping PolicyFebruary 18, 2016
The Court of First Instance, San Juan Part, issued a judgment dismissing with prejudice a complaint for discrimination based on race and national origin filed against one of our retail clients based on its policy not to offer shipping of online purchases to postal addresses in Puerto Rico or for pickup at its Puerto Rico stores.
- McConnell Valdés mourns the loss of Rudy Torruella, who passed away on February 7, 2016.February 10, 2016
McConnell Valdés mourns the loss of Rudy Torruella, who passed away on February 7, 2016.
- December 3, 2015
- Intellectual Property News, October 26, 2015
Dora Peñagarícano invited by Puerto Rico’s Department of State as speaker in the “Intellectual Property and Trademark Protection in Social Media” workshop.
- September 28, 2015
A group of representatives from Puerto Rico’s private and public sectors, including McV's Francisco J. Pavía, met last week with Spanish businesses to present Puerto Rico as an investment opportunity.
- Three McV attorneys teach review courses for the Federal Bar examSeptember 23, 2015
Three McV attorneys teach review courses for the Federal Bar exam
- PREPA seeks Private PartnersSeptember 14, 2015
PREPA seeks Private Partners
- September 14, 2015
Giving back is part of what we do at McV
- 17 McV Attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico© 2016September 11, 2015
17 McV Attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico© 2016
- Puerto Rico's Fiscal and Economic Growth Plan PublishedSeptember 9, 2015
Puerto Rico's Fiscal and Economic Growth Plan Published
- First Circuit decides that recipes are not subject to copyright protectionAugust 26, 2015
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit confirms the District Court’s dismissal on all grounds of a Complaint filed alleging copyright infringement of a recipe and fraudulent registration of a trademark.
- Pro Bono Program Recognizes Work of its AttorneysAugust 20, 2015
Pro Bono Program recognizes work of its attorneys at luncheon featuring the Honorable David Bernier Rivera, Secretary of State for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, as guest speaker.
- Important Ruling Concerning Right to Jury Trial in Civil Cases before Puerto Rico CourtsAugust 18, 2015
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit issues a per curiam opinion holding that Puerto Rico is “not constitutionally required to provide a jury trial in civil cases.”
- Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team in the News: NotiUnoAugust 13, 2015
NotiUno's Enrique "Kike" Cuz interviews Arturo J. García, María Domínguez, and Juan A. Marqués in his program "Análisis 630" on August 12th, 2015.
- Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team in the News: Caribbean BusinessAugust 13, 2015
The Caribbean Business interviews the Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team on its August 13th , 2015 issue.
- Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team in the News: El Nuevo DíaAugust 13, 2015
El Nuevo Día interviews the Government Enforcement & White Collar Defense Team on its August 12th, 2015 issue.
- Labor & Employment Law Roundtable Discussion held today at McVJuly 30, 2015
Alfredo Hopgood-Jovet and Sonia Montes, President of the Puerto Rico Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM-PR), present recommendations for changes to labor laws in Puerto Rico.
The content of this McV Alert has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended as, and does not constitute, either legal advice or solicitation of any prospective client. An attorney-client relationship with McConnell Valdés LLC cannot be formed by reading or responding to this McV Alert. Such a relationship may be formed only by express agreement with McConnell Valdés LLC.